Hammock
    DD Frontline Hammock
    Tarp
    DD 3m x 3m
    Insulation
    Mummy bag and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    This is interesting as I'll be using CPAP in a hammock for the first time three weeks from now. I was diagnosed with severe apnea a few months ago and the first thing I did was to search for something I could use in the hammock (or tent ). I invested in the Transcend mini - very pricey but I can't go hammocking otherwise.

I'm thinking of hanging it in a bag or net from the ridgeline. I'm assuming it can't be too enclosed as it will need to draw air in from somewhere. This next trip will be a bit of an experiment.

Hammock
    Starting out: Bear Butt
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Pad/Reflectix
    Suspension
    Kodiak Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by illogicallyovercome View Post
    I have been using my 12VDC Respironics CPAP machine (sans humidifier) in our camping trailer for a while now. Last year we did purchase land where we "camp" with the trailer. This gave me access to 120VAC full time, but I wanted to also camp with my hammock. These days going without my CPAP machine is a big no-no, as I tend to just not sleep. Also makes me a bit grumpy for the next day.

I am now planning on a father/daughter camp trip this summer without the trailer, so figuring out my CPAP power and hanging location became a big deal to me. I want to be able to go out for extended camping without having to worry whether my power source will be there or not, so I started exploring the idea of a solar power system to replenish my battery each day after a night running the machine. The battery I picked is really made for camping, so it is a nice little package, but is a Lithium battery. This means that the voltage requirements differ than a Lead Acid type battery (standard car battery). To make sure that I controlled the charge from the solar panel, I needed to buy a controler specific to Lithium battery usage. Also, to make the electrical connections between the solar panel, the controller, and the battery, I found these terminating male and female connectors.
    This is what I've done so far:

Battery - Lithium Polymer type camp battery: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Very interesting.

I use a 12v Dreamstation set at 16. What is your setting (I presume without humidifier) and how long do you go without recharging?

Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by illogicallyovercome View Post
    Try looking into the cost for a 12vdc power supply that will work with your machine to use with a 12vdc battery like mine. From an electrical perspective, staying DC will be most efficient in power and weight. I saw one on a YouTube video but I don’t have a part number. I too have a 24vdc Resmed CPAP that I use at home. Much quieter but I have not looked into the dc power supply for it yet.
    I think that's good advice, and logically it makes the most sense. I think I'm going to get the Resmed 12v adapter kit, and then get a battery with a 12v output like you have. Now I just need to get approval from the budget officer..............

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    Now I just need to get approval from the budget officer..............
    LOL, don't we all!
    Budget Officer had mine sent back for further review.

That has been my plan all long to get the 12 volt lithium battery and adapter cable for my dreamstation.

I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest. After wasting a lot of research time and money, I finally bought a Freedom battery and adapter for my Dreamstation. Tested the battery this week and got three full nights of use without the humidifier, which I will not use anyway while out camping. Once I get it out in the field, I'm hoping for two nights between charges. I also picked up the mobile charger specific for this battery as it will be used on motorcycle trips. Just my two cents for Dreamstation users!
    Now I have to configure a way to hang it while using at night.

Hammock
    11' SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x12
    Insulation
    LocoLibre DWR Down
    Suspension
    Cin-Bkle Dyn-Str
    I'll have to admit that I leave my cpap at home when aloft. I lay symetrical with my head higher than my feet since my issues are mostly related to sleeping on my back. I can sleep on my side more comfortably than on my back. I do tend to get a little more swelling in my legs due to my heart issues when laying like this but the water pills help combat this. Also, since I frequently urinate at night it makes it easier for me to get out of the hammock with my bad left shoulder, aching back,and bad right knee. At home I still wake up at night with my mask in my hands apparently from me having difficulties while sleeping. I turn the machine off and toss the mask to the floor as I hate this thing (Resmed S8).

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mouse View Post
    I'll have to admit that I leave my cpap at home when aloft. I lay symetrical with my head higher than my feet since my issues are mostly related to sleeping on my back. I can sleep on my side more comfortably than on my back. I do tend to get a little more swelling in my legs due to my heart issues when laying like this but the water pills help combat this. Also, since I frequently urinate at night it makes it easier for me to get out of the hammock with my bad left shoulder, aching back,and bad right knee. At home I still wake up at night with my mask in my hands apparently from me having difficulties while sleeping. I turn the machine off and toss the mask to the floor as I hate this thing (Resmed S8).
    I don't know if it's a possibility for you, but I would strongly suggest talking to your provider about getting a different setup/machine. I'm not familiar with the features of the ResMed S8, but it looks like it's a straight up CPAP machine. If that's true, perhaps ask your provider about an Auto CPAP or AutoPAP(?). These machines vary the pressure based on what you need, and I have to tell you, if I had to use a straight CPAP machine, I can't imagine I would do very well with it.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. Hope you can find something that works for you though.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by MC-Advntr View Post
    I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest. After wasting a lot of research time and money, I finally bought a Freedom battery and adapter for my Dreamstation. Tested the battery this week and got three full nights of use without the humidifier, which I will not use anyway while out camping. Once I get it out in the field, I'm hoping for two nights between charges. I also picked up the mobile charger specific for this battery as it will be used on motorcycle trips. Just my two cents for Dreamstation users!
    Glad to hear of your results with the freedom battery. I believe I'm gonna go the same route as you since I have the same machine.

I plan on making a 2 tier shelf to hang at the foot end of the hammock battery on top shelf cpap on bottom shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by MC-Advntr View Post
    I have the BPS c-100 battery packs. With the 2 packs I can go 5 to 6 nights on a charge with the Transcend auto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    11' SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x12
    Insulation
    LocoLibre DWR Down
    Suspension
    Cin-Bkle Dyn-Str
    Hi Crazy. I don't have a provider for the machine or supplies. It was my cousin's spare after his last upgrade.I just set it at what the doctor recommended (12.4) after I had my sleep study. I'll have to pay for a new machine out of pocket.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast