Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties

Question Side Car & Tie-Outs interfering w/ UQ on a Cameleon

Does anyone else experience more difficulty keeping their UQ draft free when using the Sidecar or even the tie-outs on a Dutch Cameleon?

I have almost no trouble when not using the tie-outs or the newly acquired side car, but experience consistently more finnicky behavior when using them.

The Side Car and Tie Outs seem to pull the hammock edge down along with it, the UQ. Without the tie-outs the UQ can ride up higher.
    I've re-adjusted the HG Incubator, but even on the head end, it's not as robust as keeping out a draft. And on the foot end, it's pretty hard when camping by yourself and you find out after hitting the sack that you have a draft at the foot end. Without someone else there to look at it and help adjust it, it's hard to do by oneself as I know many of you can attest. I'm a slender 6'3" with good dexterity and I'm convinced you need go-go gadget arms to adjust it on the foot end

Last night's temps were 8 degF and I fought a draft all night... should have emptied the side car and pulled it inside, but never did... just kept trying to find the sweet spot and also never did. Fought CBS all night long.... have done -15F w/o the side car or pull outs w/o trouble.

What are your experiences?

30443246_2092101704137457_4395895866360070144_o.jpg

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Dutch Dyneema Rect
    Insulation
    UGQ/Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    This is one reason I'm considering a warbonnet wooki underquilt. Many have said they work great on all hammocks not just the blackbirds for which they were designed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal9 View Post
    This is one reason I'm considering a warbonnet wooki underquilt. Many have said they work great on all hammocks not just the blackbirds for which they were designed.
    Good point but unless your under quilt is an extra wide the side car should interfere or interfere very little but I've seen others report this issue as well.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles
    The tie out interference issue was one of the reasons it was so easy for me to switch to a bridge hammock. Perfect uq fit Every time.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Us5Camp View Post
    Does anyone else experience more difficulty keeping their UQ draft free when using the Sidecar or even the tie-outs on a Dutch Cameleon?

I have almost no trouble when not using the tie-outs or the newly acquired side car, but experience consistently more finnicky behavior when using them.

The Side Car and Tie Outs seem to pull the hammock edge down along with it, the UQ. Without the tie-outs the UQ can ride up higher.
    I've re-adjusted the HG Incubator, but even on the head end, it's not as robust as keeping out a draft. And on the foot end, it's pretty hard when camping by yourself and you find out after hitting the sack that you have a draft at the foot end. Without someone else there to look at it and help adjust it, it's hard to do by oneself as I know many of you can attest. I'm a slender 6'3" with good dexterity and I'm convinced you need go-go gadget arms to adjust it on the foot end

Last night's temps were 8 degF and I fought a draft all night... should have emptied the side car and pulled it inside, but never did... just kept trying to find the sweet spot and also never did. Fought CBS all night long.... have done -15F w/o the side car or pull outs w/o trouble.

What are your experiences?

30443246_2092101704137457_4395895866360070144_o.jpg
    I found that using the Tato Tarp pull outs from Dutch work well at keeping the quilt firmly attached by the shoulder and foot:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    Nice use of the Tato Tieouts, thanks for that tip 100 Ton

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravitythief76 View Post
    The tie out interference issue was one of the reasons it was so easy for me to switch to a bridge hammock. Perfect uq fit Every time.
    Same here. I just can't get along with a gathered end hammock

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    My Chameleon tie-outs seem to work very nicely with both my full-length and partial-length underquilts... Zero problems after more than a year...

FWIW I am 6'2" and use mostly Loco Libre Gear underquilts; I don't know if the specifics of the suspension matter more than the dimensions of the quilt or the user. Hope you find a solution.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

• + New Posts