Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images

Such Thing as a Benefit Hike?

I'm walking the line on off-topic here, so please indulge me and I'll try not to leap to far from the topic from which this forum is named.

Several years ago, my wife did the 3-day walk to help raise money to fight breast cancer. I'm sure this is was in no doubt motivated by my tumor found a few years prior. She says she wants to do this again, and wants me to join her, but the pace is too slow and just not my type of event. I of course support the cause, and don't need an excuse to spend more time with my wife, but the large group and urban environment is not so appealing to me.

Now that my firstborn has arrived a few months ago, and we are anticipating a move to Detroit by May, the lower back pain, weight loss, and new lump that I've found terrifies me. The earliest that I can see the doctor is on Tuesday, and that seems like forever. I'm sure it is just stress and a lipoma, but it is still doesn't rest easy on my mind. For this reason I'm more inclined to ask my friends here at HF, than wade through the chaff that Google will collect.

So I started thinking about that 3-day and if there was something more my style instead. Does anyone know of a section hike that would serve to benefit cancer research? I'm sure that my lovely wife would do this with me, and perhaps even a small group of us from HF could do it together...I'll have my stealthy brown hammock, but I would have great respect for anyone in one of these. I can't believe that I can't find a yellow hammock that Lance himself would be proud to hang from.

I hope I didn't stray too far off topic, but we did end up talking about hammocks.
    Last edited by Trooper; 02-16-2010 at 21:24.

• + New Posts