Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River 2/3
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Eno questions

Hi, I'm fairly new to hammocking and have the eno single I was planning on getting lost river 2/3 underquilt from KAQ, was wondering if it would work with the eno single? Looking to use it from Spring thru fall on the AT in CT, MASS, NH and possibly Maine. Would I need to bring a ccf pad or blanket as well or would I probably be alright with a fleece and rainjacket if it gets too cold?? Also was planning on replacing the carabiners that came with my eno with mini carabiners from Kaq. Was wondering about putting whoopie slings from KAQ on as well i know there a video on whoopiesling.com on how to do it, my question is what are the best kind of straps to use to tie the whoopie sling to and how do you do it?

-CT Guy

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    20" Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You covered a lot of ground here. Time for rapid fire answers!

Hi, I'm fairly new to hammocking and have the eno single I was planning on getting lost river 2/3 underquilt from KAQ, was wondering if it would work with the eno single?
    Should work perfectly fine for this use. The Lost River should work just fine on any gathered end hammock like your Eno.

Looking to use it from Spring thru fall on the AT in CT, MASS, NH and possibly Maine. Would I need to bring a ccf pad or blanket as well or would I probably be alright with a fleece and rainjacket if it gets too cold??
    You will need a small CFF sit pad at the least to cover under your lower legs and feet...the part that isn't covered by the underquilt.

You are going to need at the minimum a sleeping bag (not sure on the temp rating but spring through fall that far north I'm guess at least 30 degrees) and if you want to save weight and bulk, a quilt with the same rating. I can't imagine anyway you are going to be warm enough in a fleece and rainjacket in the spring or fall in the North East. Remember the UQ keeps your butt warm but you are going to need something on that topside.

Also was planning on replacing the carabiners that came with my eno with mini carabiners from Kaq. Was wondering about putting whoopie slings from KAQ on as well i know there a video on whoopiesling.com on how to do it, my question is what are the best kind of straps to use to tie the whoopie sling to and how do you do it?
    I replaced my suspension on my ENO Double with Whoopies (six footers) and I use straps from strap works with a marlin spike hitch on the trees. I got six footers in those as well although you could get by with less if you are weight conscious. You can get those here. I just ordered a 12 footer since they have loops sewn on both ends and cut them in half.
    http://www.strapworks.com/Strapworks...ng_p/hss1p.htm

Good luck!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for spotting some of those questions abledanger. CTguy, the mini carabiners are not rated to any sort of strength load but if you wanted the regular green and brown carabiners Here are fully rated to handle a hangers load. The Lost River will work great on your eno single. Any of the webbing that I offer will work great as tree straps with whoopies if you decide to go that way. To attache them you can use a carabiner to clip the whoopies to the straps or you can use toggles and the Marlin Spike Hitch to hang the whoopies on the straps. Either way will work and are easy to do. If you have specific questions on any of my gear email me or use the Skype link on my home page to call me.

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    20" Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    And I would encourage you to order with Paul and Arrowhead Equipment. He does an awesome job and has great customer service.

• + New Posts