Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    curlymaple42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick, ME
    Hammock
    WB1.1DLXLC
    Tarp
    COGS MesaVerdeNat
    Insulation
    20WookieXL, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Toggles
    Posts
    1,602

    Yuege 10x13 tarp

    So I had Walhalla Hammocks make us a guest hammock and a 40 degree UQ so my daughter could have friends over and sleep out back and we could have a hammock available for friends of ours and family to experience the awesomeness. The last thing I needed was a tarp and I didn't want to spend $135 or so on another Colorado Outdoor Gear Supply tarp or other cottage vendor brand as I wanted something durable and it didn't matter if it was heavier than all our other tarps. We aren't taking guests backpacking, plain and simple. So right before MAHHA, my Amazon Prime account notified me that the Yuege 10x13 tarp was on a flash sale for $26. I checked the specs to make sure it was truly the right size, as often the crappy tarps say one thing but reality is another. I ordered. We set it up at MAHHA to see just how "Yuege" it was and IT IS!!! It is heavy, durable, and needs better guylines right away, but it's a great tarp! I set it up last night over my daughter's WBBB and realized that it truly IS 13' on the ridgeline! Her WBBB looks tiny under it! The only issue I see is you NEED 15' or so apart trees, as it really is "Yuege"!!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Now to see how it holds up. It is supposed to rain today. I am not worried though. The silver side, inside, is seam sealed.
    I spend more time making stuff than I do using it all!

    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

  2. #2
    New Member artgirl42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Maine
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    COGS Winter
    Insulation
    SYN TQ, Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    So I had Walhalla Hammocks make us a guest hammock and a 40 degree UQ so my daughter could have friends over and sleep out back and we could have a hammock available for friends of ours and family to experience the awesomeness. The last thing I needed was a tarp and I didn't want to spend $135 or so on another Colorado Outdoor Gear Supply tarp or other cottage vendor brand as I wanted something durable and it didn't matter if it was heavier than all our other tarps. We aren't taking guests backpacking, plain and simple. So right before MAHHA, my Amazon Prime account notified me that the Yuege 10x13 tarp was on a flash sale for $26. I checked the specs to make sure it was truly the right size, as often the crappy tarps say one thing but reality is another. I ordered. We set it up at MAHHA to see just how "Yuege" it was and IT IS!!! It is heavy, durable, and needs better guylines right away, but it's a great tarp! I set it up last night over my daughter's WBBB and realized that it truly IS 13' on the ridgeline! Her WBBB looks tiny under it! The only issue I see is you NEED 15' or so apart trees, as it really is "Yuege"!!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Now to see how it holds up. It is supposed to rain today. I am not worried though. The silver side, inside, is seam sealed.
    Maybe take my lantern off of my ridge line just in case? I forgot when I woke up this morning


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Music is the universal language of mankind
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  3. #3
    curlymaple42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick, ME
    Hammock
    WB1.1DLXLC
    Tarp
    COGS MesaVerdeNat
    Insulation
    20WookieXL, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Toggles
    Posts
    1,602
    Two days of pouring rain and ArtGirl42's WBBB setup is bone dry under the Yuege tarp!!

    Verdict: Replace all lines with good cordage, know it is a heavy tarp and 13' ridgeline, BE DRY! Two thumbs up for the economy minded back yard or car camper or winter pulk camper due to weight.
    I spend more time making stuff than I do using it all!

    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

  4. #4
    curlymaple42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick, ME
    Hammock
    WB1.1DLXLC
    Tarp
    COGS MesaVerdeNat
    Insulation
    20WookieXL, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Toggles
    Posts
    1,602
    Update! The Yeuge tarp is still running great! It spent three nights up to the base of Katahdin on Lower Togue Pond and kept our guest dry and protected from rain and bears! Well, pretty sure a bear would have made her into a tasty burrito if he had had the inclination. Love the giant coverage and seam sealing on this tarp! I think we will be using it when camping whether there is a hammock under it or not.



    Oh, there is an 11' Walhalla hammock under that tarp in the picture!

    Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    I spend more time making stuff than I do using it all!

    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

  5. #5
    Member curtiseddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Missouri
    Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    HG Incubatr/Burrow
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Posts
    74
    I have the 10x10 square Yuege. Aside from the immense weight, it is a great tarp.
    Deadrise, Derailleurs, & Dirt

  6. #6
    curlymaple42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick, ME
    Hammock
    WB1.1DLXLC
    Tarp
    COGS MesaVerdeNat
    Insulation
    20WookieXL, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Toggles
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiseddie View Post
    I have the 10x10 square Yuege. Aside from the immense weight, it is a great tarp.
    Yes, weight and stuffed size. I haven't figured out how to store it other than shoving it in the tote with the rest of the guest hammock gear! No way will that thing stuff back into the pouch it came out of!

    Do you hang the 10x10 diamond shape? How's the coverage?

    Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    I spend more time making stuff than I do using it all!

    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

  7. #7
    Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra w/drs
    Insulation
    EE rev/LLG/DIY
    Suspension
    Beetles/Straps/MSH
    Posts
    538
    Images
    4
    Envious of your camping in my favorite park in the world. I love Baxtah Paaaak!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Posts
    184
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    Now to see how it holds up. It is supposed to rain today. I am not worried though. The silver side, inside, is seam sealed.
    I'll add more detail later (we're travelling so I haven't had much time to keep up lately) BUT I recently put the 10
    x 13 YUEDGE Tarp
    through a bit of a torture test, and the results were a little disappointing. Although to be fair I did say torture - the "test" was covering a mattress on top of my car for 350 miles of mostly highway driving, some of which was through very heavy rain. While the fabric made it through without any obvious issues, the stitching and the silver finish (which AFAIK is what they added to make it waterproof) appear to be rather fragile.

    It still will probably be fine for occasional use, but I would expect problems if you use it in really windy conditions or have anything rubbing against the inside surface. I would be very hesitant - due to the weight and the increased chance of failure in harsh conditions - to take this tarp on any serious backpacking trips. However, as long as you treat it gently and don't expect it to last forever (and keep it INSIDE the car while travelling...) it could still be a good value for backyard or car camping.

  9. #9
    curlymaple42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick, ME
    Hammock
    WB1.1DLXLC
    Tarp
    COGS MesaVerdeNat
    Insulation
    20WookieXL, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Toggles
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    I'll add more detail later (we're travelling so I haven't had much time to keep up lately) BUT I recently put the 10
    x 13 YUEDGE Tarp
    through a bit of a torture test, and the results were a little disappointing. Although to be fair I did say torture - the "test" was covering a mattress on top of my car for 350 miles of mostly highway driving, some of which was through very heavy rain. While the fabric made it through without any obvious issues, the stitching and the silver finish (which AFAIK is what they added to make it waterproof) appear to be rather fragile.

    It still will probably be fine for occasional use, but I would expect problems if you use it in really windy conditions or have anything rubbing against the inside surface. I would be very hesitant - due to the weight and the increased chance of failure in harsh conditions - to take this tarp on any serious backpacking trips. However, as long as you treat it gently and don't expect it to last forever (and keep it INSIDE the car while travelling...) it could still be a good value for backyard or car camping.
    Oh most certainly I would never suggest this as a backpacking tarp! Way too heavy and bulky for sure!! Good to hear your experiences with it. Thank you.

    Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    I spend more time making stuff than I do using it all!

    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

  10. #10
    curlymaple42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick, ME
    Hammock
    WB1.1DLXLC
    Tarp
    COGS MesaVerdeNat
    Insulation
    20WookieXL, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Toggles
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Envious of your camping in my favorite park in the world. I love Baxtah Paaaak!
    The cool part is we were at the GS camp and basically had it all to ourselves!! Is right on Lower Togue Pond and has complete access to ask Baxter's benefits. My daughter had been going there for a few years and they hike in Baxter all the time.

    That's Katahdin right across the pond! To keep this on track, the Yeuge tarp is right behind me as I took that picture.

    Sent from a furniture shop in Maine
    I spend more time making stuff than I do using it all!

    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 22:31
  2. SOLD: OMW tarp, Mega Ogee tarp, BigAgnes Fly Creek UL1, Wilderness Logics bug net
    By Meriadoc in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 13:05
  3. SOLD: OES McCat Ultra SpinnUL Tarp, Hard Rock Winter Tarp 11'
    By Flounder in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 19:24

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •