Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps

Give us a hoot!

Give us something to laugh about. Care to share an amusing event that happened while hanging? Try this: Several years ago on a nice summer's evening a hang in the back yard seemed in order. Night time temps were forecast to be low 70's with a very low dew point, so no tarp needed. I had a cheap $2.50 Menard's landscape timber sunk in the ground and the corner of the garden tool shed to hang from. A dark blue wool blanket should do for a top cover. Later on something woke me up. 3 local juvenile delinquents were raiding the garden. One of them walked over and looked right down on me in the hammock. The impression was that this idiot was going to try to steal the hammock with me in it! Then he stood up and told one of the others in a low voice: "Keep an eye on the house! This guy is a real psycho. He hates everyone!" (Psycho? I'll give you nightmares, kid!) He was still pretty close to the hammock, with his back turned. When I unzipped the bug net he heard it and started to turn back around. I quickly reached out and snagged him by the back of the belt and gave a good yank, yelling out "I"M NOT IN THE HOUSE, BOY! YEAHAHAHA!" That kid let out a death scream that should've woke the whole neighborhood! The thought "Ya got him, now what?" was answered by that cheap junk landscape timber breaking off at ground level, with me and everything hitting the ground, resulting in: "You SOB! Now you really pist me off!" Those 3 kids, I swear to God, VAPORIZED! Flat vanished. Now its your turn. Any amusing memories?

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I would have loved to see the looks on their faces!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts