SLD Trail Lair, HammockGear netless
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ series
    Suspension
    straps and beetles

New insulated hammock on Kickstarter - SWAYY

Hi all. I'm a relative hammock newbie (at least compared to all of you) and a friend sent me this kickstarter link. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...lated-hammocks

Seems interesting. I have no affiliation and in fact, I don't think this is my cup of tea but I don't think I've seen it previously mentioned here on HF and wanted to share it with all of you.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    I have never seen it before either. May be a great idea. I hope they get funded and see where it goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Depending on whether or not you can sleep on a diagonal, this could be a good idea. The whole zip feature seems a bit gimmicky to me though.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Good story, interesting concept. I think I will stick with my gear though. Sleeping on the diagonal is a must for any GE hammock to be sure.

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    They are based out of Chattanooga. Seth posted album pics here back in January.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...p?albumid=4344

In our local media today.

http://nooga.com/216001/local-busine...ated-hammocks/
    Last edited by Vanhalo; 04-25-2018 at 11:08.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    It's 8.2 lbs. for hammock and tarp that's only 6 ft. wide, and the synthetic insulation has a 35* F rating.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    XLC/SLD 11' Tree Runner/BB
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/SLD WH
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    It's 8.2 lbs. for hammock and tarp that's only 6 ft. wide, and the synthetic insulation has a 35* F rating.
    "...in Florida, she felt air conditioning for the first time, and it was cold and unnatural upon her skin."

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    What they don't tell you is how wide their hammocks are. I am assuming it is a standard 58" width.

Hammock
    SWAYY Premus
    Tarp
    SWAYY nSync
    Insulation
    Primaloft 3.0 oz
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Hey bcliff!

Thanks for brining attention to us! No worries about being a newbie! (I am a newbie too man, and I have only been cracking at this for about 3 years now and still have lots to learn!)

In an attemped to clear up any questions, I am going to post a bit of inforamtion about our two hammocks as to get ride of any false information. Photos aren't letting me upload, so I will work on that. If you want to see video/pictures, just follow this link:

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cks?ref=c0tn1d

First off we have the Premus (picture may not be working...) Premus Name Logo-01.jpg

U.S. Provisional Patent App. No. 62/595,254

The Premus™ is constructed using four parts.

- The first is the weight bearing layer, or hammock body, is constructed using a 1.6oz per square yard, 40 Denier, nylon fabric with a 6-way ripstop to increase strength and durability.

- The second is the insulation layer. This layer consists of two layers of Primaloft Silver 3.0oz insulation to keep opulent warmth. Each insulation layer is cut, sewn, darted and pleated in a specific way to create three specific air gaps under your backside that won't compress.

- The third is the shell layer. This wind breaking layer is made of a .9oz per square yard, 15 Denier, nylon fabric that is designed to be lightweight and breathable enough to prevent moisture build-up.

- The fourth and final piece is the full-length zipper. When zipped up, this allows for total warmth for the chilly nice. When unzipped, this allows for a steady warmth under your bum but keeps it cool enough for summer camping. The zipper is a #8 zipper that is strong, durable, and lightweight.

The Premus™ Suspension is constructed using 3 main parts: The carabiners, CD101 aluminum alloy cinch buckles, and Poly/Dyneema webbing.

- The carabiners are made of high grade A6061 cold-forged aluminum alloy. Each biner weights 25.7g. The closed gate strength is 10kN and the open strength is 3kN.

- The CD101 cinch buckles are crafted for easy tensile adjustability of the hammock and are made using an aluminum alloy for the perfect balance of strength and weight.

- The high-tensile strength webbing is made from a polyester and Dyneema blend. This keeps the weight and wearability low and the strength high. Our webbing is 1" wide and is 4.9g per foot.

Entire System Tech Specs:

Weight Maximum: 400 lbs / 182 kg
    Length: 10 ft (11ft for long option)
    Stuff-Sack Dimensions: 19" x 8" x 16"
    Temperature Rating: Spring-Fall (35-70°F / 1.6 - 21°C)
    System Weight: 5.1 lbs
    Weight Bearing Fabric: Hexon™ 1.6 oz
    Shell Fabric: Argon™ .9 oz
    Heat Reflection: All Sides
    Fill: Primaloft® Silver Insulation 3.0 oz
    Suspension Material: 1" Poly/Dyneema Webbing
    Carabiners: 25.7g A6061 Cold-Forged Aluminum Alloy. 10kN Closed.

Next we have the Eira (picture may not be working...) Eira Name Logo-01.png

U.S. Provisional Patent App. No. 62/595,254

The Eira™ is constructed using four parts.

- The first is the weight bearing layer, or hammock body, is constructed using a 1.6oz per square yard, 40 Denier, nylon fabric with a 6-way ripstop to increase strength and durability. (Up to 400lbs!)

- The second is the insulation layer. This layer consists of 20 tubular baffles that hold 800FP DownTek storm treated goose down. Each baffle is filled with precisely 1.25oz of down.

- The third is the shell layer. This wind breaking layer is made of a .9oz per square yard, 15 Denier, nylon fabric that is designed to be lightweight and breathable enough to prevent moisture build-up.

- The fourth and final piece is the full-length zipper. When zipped up, this allows for total warmth for the chilly nice. When unzipped, this allows for a steady warmth under your bum but keeps it cool enough for summer camping. The zipper is a #8 zipper that is strong, durable, and lightweight.

The Eira™ rain-fly is constructed with 4 main parts: The ridgeline (not attached to the rain-fly), the rain-fly itself, and the rain-fly quick deploy sock (above). Inside each of the four corner hems of the rain-fly, you will find a nail stake connected to the rain-fly by shock cord.

- At 2.8 grams per foot, the ridgeline is made of 1/2" high-tensile strength polyester that yields low stretch and 500lbs of breaking strength.

- The rain-fly is made of 2.7oz Wide Sil Nylon. It is a low stretch fabric with a ripstop grid. It has at least 1500 mm of head pressure. This fabric is a lightweight and waterproof.

- The quick deploy sock cover is made of a 1.6oz 6-way ripstop nylon designed for ease of access to shelter when the storms come rolling in. When the sun comes out, simply place the four titanium nail stakes in their respective channels and pull the sock back to encase your shelter.

- The 6" and 2.8g ultralight titanium nail stakes can be driven into hard soil without getting bent or damaged.

The Eira™ Suspension is constructed using 3 main parts: The carabiners, the titanium cinch buckles, and the Poly/Dyneema webbing. Each component is constructed and engineered for the extraordinary adventurer and has our guarantee.

- The carabiners are made of high grade A6061 cold-forged aluminum alloy. Each biner weights 25.7g. The closed gate strength is 10kN and the open strength is 3kN.

- Each of the 11g titanium cinch buckles has been crafted for easy tensile adjustability of the hammock.

- The high-tensile strength webbing is made from a polyester and Dyneema blend. This keeps the weight and wearability low and the strength high. Our webbing is 1" wide and is 4.9g per foot.

Entire system Tech Specs:

Weight Maximum: 400 lbs / 182 kg
    Stuff-Sack Dimensions: 14” x 6” x 12”
    Hammock Overall Length: 10’ (11' for long option)
    Temperature Rating: Four Season (35-70°F / 1.6 - 21°C)
    System Weight: 3.1 lbs
    Weight Bearing Fabric: Hexon™ 1.6 oz
    Shell Fabric: Argon™ .9 oz
    Heat Reflection: All Side Insulation
    Construction: Baffeled Fill: 800 FP DownTek™ Storm Down
    Suspension Material: 1" Polypro Webbing (Polyester Dyneema Blend)
    Carabiners: 25.7g A6061 Cold-Forged Aluminum Alloy. 10kN Closed.

Rainfly Dimensions: 138" × 73" / 350.5cm × 193cm
    Anchors: 4 Reinforced Points
    Fly Sock: 12'
    Fabric: Sil Nylon 2.7oz
    Shock Cord: Reflecting 1/8" .4oz 4
    Stakes: .3oz Titanium
    Outer Layer: DWR Finish
    Seth T. Hill
    Founder & CEO at SWAYY

Hammock
    SWAYY Premus
    Tarp
    SWAYY nSync
    Insulation
    Primaloft 3.0 oz
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Hey Smckinney0031!

Thanks man, we hope to hit the goal too! Would love your support and feedback.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cks?ref=c0tn1d

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    I have never seen it before either. May be a great idea. I hope they get funded and see where it goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Seth T. Hill
    Founder & CEO at SWAYY

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast