Hammock
    Twisted Root Big Mozzi
    Tarp
    HH Asym Hex
    Insulation
    Snugpak UQ
    Suspension
    Sewn Loop
    First: Twisted Root Hammock with bug net and tarp off of Woot. Great price for a decent hang. I still like their fabric choice, soft and comfy.
    Current: Hennessey Expedition Zip with Asym Hex. A few zipper and suspension mods for convenience.

Heading out tonight for a quick overnight with my dad... maybe some fishing, definitely a few beers!

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbelly View Post
    Wow 15$ with Bug Net seems such a great offer isn't it? and what was height and width of that hammock?
    It seemed like a great deal at the time and in all fairness it did get me started down the rabbit hole of hammock camping. I don't know the width or height of it but besides being short it was a little small all the way around. A great kids hammock, which is what it is now.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    First hammock WBBB 1.1 double; current hammock is one of several 9 foot DIY's. The blackbird was sold to a friend getting into hammock hanging; he is still using it and it has been in use since 2011. It works well and I do own a 1.1 single BB. I like my DIY's since I can totally customize them.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Suspension
    DIY Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ObdewlaX View Post
    Back in the 70's, my brother & I were hanging with those nylon pocket hammocks you could roll up in a ball & stuff in your pack. We'd put clothes underneath our sleeping bags in the hammock since there was no such thing as an under quilt.

Back in the early 2000's, I ran across Hennessey Hammocks & bought an Expedition Classic (bottom entry) & it served me well up until I saw Dutch's Chameleon Kickstarter campaign & got in on that.
    My friends and I started with those same fishnet hammocks back in about 1985. I'm pretty sure the local Kmart sold them as 'backpackers hammocks'. Since we didn't know any better (no HF back in '85), we strung them up guitar string tight and stuffed our sleeping bags in and slept under the stars (yeah, no tarps either). My Boy Scout camping trips were never the same again. Good times!

When my sons began their Boy Scout experience I remembered those old hammocks and started digging around on the internet. At first I was really annoyed that I could only find "parachute" hammocks, then I stumbled on Just Jeff's Hammock Camping page, then Hammock Forums and The Ultimate hang. Now my sons and I have a complete set of DIY hammocks/tarps/quilts. The good times continue!

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Decided I wanted to try hammockery. Ordered an ENO Double Nest on Amazon Prime. Found HammockForums.net. Had a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC on order before the ENO arrived. I still have the ENO - I nap in it at Boy Scout Camp.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I started with. HH Asym Ultralight. That lasted one day. Now use a DIY 1.6 Hyper D eleven footer.

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk...
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG top and under
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I started with a Clark NX-150 and HG underquilt.
    I am currently upgrading to the NX-270.
    I can not commend Clark highly enough for a top quality hammock.

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    1st...Hennessy Explorer Ultralite Classic, enjoy the classic entry & the Supershelter undercover has some well earned sun bleached marks on it.

Current...still the Madtree Tarseer, needs some fresh down but otherwise the materials & threads are wearing just fine.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhiker View Post
    My first and current hammock is a WBBB. I just made a DIY 11 footer that I am anxious to try out, just waiting for my Dutch summer sock to arrive. One thing I found with the WBBB is that no matter how I hang it, it's always very comfortable whereas the DIY is taking a lot of fiddling. Luckily I made an adjustable ridge line for it. I think being so comfortable in a hammock comes from the 20 years of sleeping on the ground. A little calf ridge in the beginning while learning is nothing compared to a big rock in your back because you didn't notice it while setting up.
    You are yet stucked with WBBB or moved to any else?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by n8jones418 View Post
    First: Twisted Root Hammock with bug net and tarp off of Woot. Great price for a decent hang. I still like their fabric choice, soft and comfy.
    Current: Hennessey Expedition Zip with Asym Hex. A few zipper and suspension mods for convenience.

Heading out tonight for a quick overnight with my dad... maybe some fishing, definitely a few beers!
    Great do you have any idea how much twisted root hammock with bug net will cost right now? and any trusted source to buy one if possibile?
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast