Chameleon
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HGEcon 20 UQ/DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Simply Light Designs Winter Haven 13 XL

We have used our new tarp twice now. I ordered on a Monday and Jared was able to get it to me on Thursday for our trip that Friday. I love it! It gives us so much more coverage than our previous tarp. I slept so much better not having to worry about my daughter getting wet. If I take the spreader bar out of the hammocks, I can snap the doors and we have a changing room if needed. The first night we got some pretty high winds. Jared recommended adding a middle tie out point, and that really came in handy for stabilizing it. Porch mode on this thing is awesome! I can fit my whole family under there if itís raining. Thanks so much Jared, for your precision work and fast turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Nice! I have one of these in the 12' ridge line for my Warbonnet Ridgerunner and I really like this tarp. I only wish I had got the middle tie down as these do catch some wind.

Hammock
    SLD Voyageur and Trail Lair
    Tarp
    4 SLD's and HG CF
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, EE
    Suspension
    straps - whoopies
    Great looking tarp. Another HF member had the same one at our recent Green Timbers hang. I really like that internal pole mod...the amount of room is amazing!
    "Si Quśris Peninsulam Amúnam Circumspice"
    Michigandave Photo Albums on Flickr
    Green Timbers 2018 Trip Report
    Upcoming Michigan Hangs: 5th Annual Gluttony-November 1-4, 2018 and the 5th Annual Green Timbers Big Tree-Feb. 21-24, 2019

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfox31 View Post
    We have used our new tarp twice now. I ordered on a Monday and Jared was able to get it to me on Thursday for our trip that Friday. I love it! It gives us so much more coverage than our previous tarp. I slept so much better not having to worry about my daughter getting wet.
    Nice - almost asked what that was when you posted that picture (if I remember correctly) in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Mfox31 View Post
    If I take the spreader bar out of the hammocks, I can snap the doors and we have a changing room if needed. The first night we got some pretty high winds. Jared recommended adding a middle tie out point, and that really came in handy for stabilizing it. Porch mode on this thing is awesome! I can fit my whole family under there if itís raining. Thanks so much Jared, for your precision work and fast turn around.
    Is that the "standard" 32" spreader bar? Looks like it might be a little longer - wouldn't bet much on that but I'm curious.

And here's the big question: If you were going to dedicate this tarp solely for tandem hangs (Beetle Buckles or Double Whoopie Hooks + spreader bar on the head end), is there anything you might change to make it better? I'm on the hunt for the "perfect" tandem tarp setup. Which in some ways is less sensible than jousting windmills - because at least the windmills stay in one place - but my ultimate criteria for this round is something that will be the best possible setup for keeping my wife dry, comfy, and feeling secure if I can get her to try an overnight trip. I could always just wait for really good weather and find somewhere we can camp right next to a B&B just in case, but while that might highly increase the odds of enjoying the trip, it wouldn't help much with inspiring her to want to try again...

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HGEcon 20 UQ/DIYTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    Nice - almost asked what that was when you posted that picture (if I remember correctly) in another thread...

Is that the "standard" 32" spreader bar? Looks like it might be a little longer - wouldn't bet much on that but I'm curious.

And here's the big question: If you were going to dedicate this tarp solely for tandem hangs (Beetle Buckles or Double Whoopie Hooks + spreader bar on the head end), is there anything you might change to make it better? I'm on the hunt for the "perfect" tandem tarp setup. Which in some ways is less sensible than jousting windmills - because at least the windmills stay in one place - but my ultimate criteria for this round is something that will be the best possible setup for keeping my wife dry, comfy, and feeling secure if I can get her to try an overnight trip. I could always just wait for really good weather and find somewhere we can camp right next to a B&B just in case, but while that might highly increase the odds of enjoying the trip, it wouldn't help much with inspiring her to want to try again...
    I did post it in the 12 nights. That is the standard 32Ē spreader from Dutch. There are 2 things I would change, and I think they are the same others are struggling with. First, the doors wonít close all the way with 2 hammocks. Not at all on the bar end with the bar installed. Not much can be done for sleeping about this, but I do take the bar out during the day and pop it in right before we go to bed.

Second, when one person is in and one isnít in their hammock, the bar ended does poke into the tarp more than I would like. For this, I put something soft in our double end stud sacks and put those over the beetle buckle so itís padded if it hits the tarp too hard. I did slide the tarp down that way so that the bar was closer to the pole mod to try to get it more at the widest point of the tarp. It helped some, but our beetles were out on the foot end. The gloves in the stuff sacks did the trick. I wasnít so worried about it. No damage to the tarp. If you pitch it wider and higher itís not as big of a problem. I had it as tight as I could get it that night due to high wind.

I think those 2 things are the biggest issue with the tandem hanging and tarps period. I was using a Noah 12. This gives SO much more coverage. We were toasty at 33 degrees with steady wind all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Wide 11', H.H.
    Tarp
    Superfly, Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Incubator 0, Jarbr
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    is this tarp a cat cut?

Hammock
    Chameleon