diy gathered end
    Tarp
    diy, syl nylon
    Insulation
    PLUQ&TQ IXUQ&TQ
    Suspension
    1" plypro web & ws

new from wpa

Retired in western pa. Getting back into canoe camping and backpacking when I'm not climbing rocks. I heard about hammock camping and this forum on backpacking forum. I have not bought a hammock yet. I am reading and learning. I was leaning toward a claytor jungle but the forums have got me thinking cheaper and maybe diy. I am over 250 so I want something stronger. I've got a cpl months yet. What do you recommend, buy better.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Charley. I'm not familiar with the Claytor other than from the internet . Others will be more helpful with that . I just went for the Blackbird and haven't looked back. I'm also lookin to do some canoe or Kayak camping this year. You'll have fun around this place.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

I have an ENO and am planing to hike the AT in a few weeks it sleeps great and has a weight rating at 400lbs

http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com

Maybe this will help

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss with camo bug net
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    down, IX, fleece
    Suspension
    dutchclips
    Images

Welcome Charley

Good to hear from other people around our end of the state. Be forwarned once you start getting into hammockcamping you can't (and won't want to) go back. It's addictively conveniant and comfortable. Not to mention if your not a gear junky yet, you will become one. As Neo says, "the matrix will get you". Welcome aboard, let the ride begin

Quote Originally Posted by Newzy View Post
    Good to hear from other people around our end of the state. Be forwarned once you start getting into hammockcamping you can't (and won't want to) go back. It's addictively conveniant and comfortable. Not to mention if your not a gear junky yet, you will become one. As Neo says, "the matrix will get you". Welcome aboard, let the ride begin
    i second that i got the neo air only to find the long weighs more thans the regular by like 5oz should have got the reg lol

• + New Posts