Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images

Overnight hang

Sorry, no pics, I only took 2.

Firewalker & I went to a local park (East fork lake) for a one night hang. The plan was to leave 0900 Sat AM, but due to stuff beyond anyone's control, did not hit the road til after 1400 (2 PM).

Anyway, 8 to 12 inches of snow still on the ground, temps just above freezing (about 33 degrees) so no one but us out there.

Considering the above weather conditions, I was surprised to see,,,,,, 3 mosquitoes, & FW saw a active spider. Weird.

Anyway, we got to camp & set up. My first time using the Whoopie slings & marlin spike. I am delighted. Admittedly, I preferred the 30 second set up I had with the Ring buckles, setting up for my first time with the whoopies, I didn't take more than about 2 min 30 seconds. So, I believe I will stay with the slings.

One problem I had last night was I got cold. The temp didn't get below 30, so this worried me at first, then I checked my UQ, as I had totally changed the suspension AND how I hung the No Sniv, I had a 3" gap between me & the quilt, so NO insulation. Got up, adjusted the quilt, put in my "emergency insulation" aka my sit pad & two hand warmers (I was really cold) & went back to bed. Thankfully, I was prepared to have "issues" so did not suffer unduly.

Take down with the whoopie slings was easy, adding about 15 seconds to my take down time with the ring buckles. To test, I carried ONLY my summer gear & it functioned very well at the temps we saw. Yes, I carry a pack of hand warmers, even in summer. In hind sight, I was glad I had the "Problem" with the UQ, it showed I had the ability to deal with winter conditions even with just my summer gear. Good to know, don't you think.

We both hated to leave this morning, especially with the late start Sat, but FW had an out of state funeral to get to, & I a sick wife at home, so,,,,,,,,,
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    testing is always fun!!! Especially when you figure out what's wrong and you're able to fix it on the spot.

Funny about the skeeters being out.... I too was camping this past weekend, temps were about 26, 27ish the first night and low and behold, skeeters were out!!!

TinaLouise

• + New Posts