To gorget or not to gorget?

I am a ground sleeper and am interested in a 3 season climashield quilt.
    I am intrigued by the concept of a gorget. Are they worth it for a side sleeper? If so, it is unclear to me how to make one It looks like one needs to sew on another triangular piece of insulation but I can only guess at the dimensions.
    Anybody have any ideas?

I'm also considering draft flaps. Are they a part of the bottom of the envelope or are they added later? If the quilt is inside out when made they would need to be folded in so they would probably be caught up in the seam.... maybe I'm thinking too much.

More questions to come
    Thanks

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    http://www.rayjardine.com/ray-way/Qu...x.htm?g_page=2

Not an explanation of dimensions, but decent views of the gorget, and on the quilt.
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    If you are still around, ... what are draft flaps? And after looking around, it seems the dimensions are from the edge of the quilt where the gorget meets the quilt, with a 30ish? degree taper, down to a shallow u cut where the tip would be. So it fits around your neck, and touches the ground around your shoulders. If you side sleep, you might raise the material enough to gap the quilt where the gorget meets the ground (pad). So I would make triangle cuts to "cup" the material for the top and backing, and leave plenty of length at the neck to pad area. I can totally see it in my head, not sure my explanation is gonna mean much. Unless you could look in my head.
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

• + New Posts