Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Joe View Post
    Placing an order today, Thanks.
    Let us know what colors they have please.

Fronkey

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE 20 / Phoenix20
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Received my order for 10 yards of gray sil yesterday. I asked that it be cut off the roll and boxed. The total charge on my CC was 44.81 so I'm assuming the cost breakdown is

$30 sil
    $5 cutting fee
    $9.81 shipping

I asked about "earth tone" colors and was told there weren't any. Roger did mention having black and bright yellow and a jade color. I inferred that there were mostly bright colors available + black and gray. I didn't really want black so I settled for gray.

The quality seems nice. He told me the width was 65 inches but I haven't measured it yet. I did notice a couple of black threads close to one edge. I'm assuming this is the reason for it being "seconds". The weight for the entire 10 yards was 24.05 ounces. By my calculations works out to be 1.33 oz/sq yard

30 ft * 65 in ~= 18 sq yards
    24 oz / 18 sq yd ~= 1.33 oz / sq yard

Tarp
    DIY Sil CatHex
    It has been a while since anyone has posted Noah Lamport talk so I figured I would share the first half of my experience.

I called today and got an extremely helpful guy on the other end. He said they have "unbelievable amounts" of Silnylon seconds but in a limited range of colors. From what I recall they had Black, grey, silver, neon orange, royal blue, some other blue, and possibly a few other bright colors. I told him I was looking for darker colors so he just glossed over the brighter ones.

He told me without asking that they could take it off the roll and box it up to make it cheaper for shipping. I got 10 of black and 10 of grey. I was not able to get a final quote on price but I will update when I receive my package which I was told will ship out 6 hours after making the call.

Color me excited.

Tarp
    DIY Sil CatHex
    UPDATE! I received 20 yards of silnylon from Noah Lamport. I was only charged 50 dollars for some reason but I am not going to complain. I ordered on Monday and received it on Friday. My card was charged by EoB on Monday.

I only measured the gray and it was a smidge over 10 yards. It sat at 22.xx on the scale which at 65in wide is 1.2oz/sqft (this was head math if someone wants to check me) The black was 27.xx on the scale which roughly puts me at 1.5oz/sqft. Since I did not measure the black I am just hoping it was 10 ft. The black definitely feels thicker though.

I had my roommate help me measure because there is nothing easy about trying to fit 10 yards into a 3 yard space accurately. The first thing she asked was, "Why would you need so much of this shower curtain material?"

It seems they have a variety of weights based on what is in this thread. I am excited. Hopefully I can squeeze a small asym and a regular cat hex out of 10 yards. I have it plotted out roughly so I think I can do it. I am off to hang for the night so I will play around with pattern pieces later on Sunday.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Dang...gonna see what shipping to Canada will be.

Tarp
    DIY Sil CatHex
    The cost should have been closer to 85 I think. I don't know where the error happened but it was a nice surprise.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    SilNylon 4 season
    Insulation
    HGBurrow&Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just ordered some of the Grey - I'm excited to see how it looks!

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    Check with sclittlefield. He had some nice green untreated 1.1 that I used on a DIY top quilt. they're seconds, and there's 2 slightly darker threads running the length, but it's hard to see... He was selling it for $2.50/yd,
    Those aren't darker threads: For those old (or learned) enough to recognize them, they're pinstripes!!

If this is still for sale: Makers here with reputations at stake have been making quilts with it for years without even mentioning it. That is how little noticeable they are and how much the fabric is in every other respect first quality. Check your green quilts and see.

Black Silnylon available $3/yd

Hey guys,

I actually live in la and have been to the Noah lamport warehouse to pick up my own materials. If we wanted to do a group buy of some sort and I picked up, we could probably figured out a way to save some money, the guys who work there are pretty chill, especially if you're paying cash. I Even still have grey and red silnylon from them sitting around somewhere too

W

Tarp
    DIY Sil CatHex
    Wade do you know if they have any normal lightweight ripstop (non-sil)? I was on the phone for a while with them and never got around to asking about it. This is something that would be killed by their shipping but would possibly be a great price if we could find out all the details before purchase (calendared, weight, real color, dwr or not, etc) and get a few people in on it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast