Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tarp for RidgeRunner

Hey hey. Looking for the right tarp for my WB RidgeRunner. Intended use will be mostly fair weather weekender type bike-packing and motorcycle touring around New England. I'm open minded as to style and brand, but would prefer camo or dark green color. Easy to set up and packing small would be nice!

What's out there?

Good question. I dont think I NEED doors, since I'm planning mostly summer fair-weather camping. But if there's a good deal on a sweet tarp with doors I'd prob snag it anyway.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by mo_hunter View Post
    I've spent two days of nonstop rain in my ridgerunner with my thunderfly tarp. Stayed dry and it packs up pretty small. Oh and it's in warbonnets bushwhack camo.
    What's the apex-to-apex distance on a Ridgerunner, i.e., in a straight horizontal line from the point of one suspension triangle to the other, when hung at a 25-degree suspension angle?

While I'm sure the Superfly's permanent doors can be guyed out to provide great corner protection over a ridge runner, and the panel pull-outs must surely provide good interior space, with its relatively short 11-foot ridge line length I wouldn't expect the Ridgerunner to provide full enclosure around the suspension of the Ridgerunner with the vertical edges of the doors meeting at the centerline, although it might be close depending upon the aforementioned apex-to-apex distance.

Knowing that distance might help to determine which taps might work the best.
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 06-17-2018 at 10:48.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Please remember you are in the WTB area. Chatter is not welcome. If you have an item to offer, please do so. If you have a question to help clarify if you have an item, please ask. Please do not offer recommendations of what to buy.

Direct quote from the guidelines:

4. Do not refer individuals to vendors for items they WTB. Only offer items that you personally own.
    7. No off topic discussions are allowed in WTB threads. Off topic discussion will be deleted at the moderator’s discretion. This includes but not limited to recommendations or reviews (good or bad) of items offered or chatter in the thread. Please limit conversations to offering the item or to ask/answer questions about the item the OP is requesting to purchase.

Thank you
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Great info! Does anyone have one for sale? Please PM me if you do.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Still looking? If so you may want to bump it at least once every week. Items that are inactive are subject to being removed from the Market Place area, it allows members to know you are still interested and it will keep the moderators from "pinging" you! (Bumps mean to respond in the post)

If you are finished with your thread, please follow the links in my signature for instructions on how to close your thread.

If you are going out of town or have limited/no forum access, please close your thread before you leave. It saves frustrations when members post questions but do not get responses.

Thanks for your help
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Thanks. Yup still looking.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sorry Superfly isn't available anymore...... But, I just pulled the trigger on another RR and a Cloudburst tarp with door accessory. I don't think I need another tarp. Let me know if you are interested in this tarp setup. I should receive it within the next week. Here is the picture from seller who I am buying from.
    https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/ma...ils=true&pid=2
    Last edited by electbc; 06-25-2018 at 19:37. Reason: Not available

Bump. Still looking. Let me know!

Hammock
    DIY 8.4 oz 11' Robic XL hammock
    Tarp
    1.1 oz silpoly hex
    Insulation
    900Fill 0* quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and UCRs
    Images
    I have a tarp that I made a couple months ago that I used once just to test. It is intended to be a prototype for tarps that I'll sell. Everything turned out great on it. It is made from 1.1 oz silpoly and it is an 11' hex hammock (no doors) with cat cuts all around. If this will work for you, it is $85 shipped. Weighs around 12 oz. It also has little pockets sewn in for the guy lines on the corners unnamed.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast