Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
ok next morning results...
tried blowing through the cloth... near impossible and still not sure air was not blowing around the swatch of cloth and not through it.

water in glass soaked into the cloth and instead of going into the glass seaped around the outside of the lip and ran down the glass

canoebie where do you find the spray silicon sealer at menards i would like to look into this. and im not terribly worried about weight right now as im pretty much limited to car camping...

i will definitly have to go back and pick up the rest of the spool of this to make doors and some other stuff i wanted to make that was at least water resistant
You can get the stuff at most department stores. I will not darken the doors of wally world, so I would recommend camping department of any other store and look for waterproofing spray or you can get it at Campmor, REI, etc.

I am going to experiment a bit when it gets warmer with making my own brew based on some of the stuff in the thread on making your own sil. I treat 6-8 tents and 2-3 hammock rain flys every year as part of my business. I am thinking a pump sprayer to lessen the propellent. Let me know if you can't find it and I will provide a link.