Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield (5
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle strap
    Images

Opps, did it again

Just ordered a Dream Hammocks custom Darien.
    Double Layer 2.2 hex 70 (I kayak camp so weight is not a problem and want a FLAT lay)
    Charcoal ext/ Vader Blue Int

Just got my son a WBBB XLC last month,

this makes hammock 10 or 12 so far,, they are like guns,, you just don't sell them, you never know when you will need it.

Slack

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slackdaddy View Post
    Just ordered a Dream Hammocks custom Darien.
    Double Layer 2.2 hex 70 (I kayak camp so weight is not a problem and want a FLAT lay)
    Charcoal ext/ Vader Blue Int

Just got my son a WBBB XLC last month,

this makes hammock 10 or 12 so far,, they are like guns,, you just don't sell them, you never know when you will need it.

Slack
    Nice. Since you have "a few" what do you have? - pro's and cons on them. Thoughts for new hangers? Kitsapcowboy had a run down on his selection criteria - do you too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    DH Darien, WBBB XLC, 6 HH
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield (5
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle strap
    Images
    I started with a used $50 original non-asym Hennesy Hammock, it worked and got me started.
    $30 in material and I had an UQ

over the next 5-8 years I collected about 6-7 more Hennesy Hammock (all used, all under $100.00, Exped, explorer, UL backpacker)
    I then bought a new Double layer jungle explorer, then a new Safari Jungle.

The Jungle safari is larger and more comfy than the others. (I canoe/Kayak camp so weight is not an issue)

My now 16 year old son has been telling me he has not been able to get comfy/full night sleep in his HH explorer, so I got him a WBBB XLC for his birthday, way more comfy then the HH

I just recently "discovered" the cottage industry of hammock makes.

For what I paid for the made in china hennesy safri jungle (around 299.00) I could have bought a Blackbird XLC, Chameleon or Darien, etc. )
    I ordered the Darien to replace my HH Jungle I use, the Darien in Double layer, 2.2 hex material (Of MY color choice), my zipper type, in extra long and WAY EXTRA wide comes in way LESS than the off the shelf, smaller Hennesy

Quote Originally Posted by GillyGilligan View Post
    Nice. Since you have "a few" what do you have? - pro's and cons on them. Thoughts for new hangers? Kitsapcowboy had a run down on his selection criteria - do you too?

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    I started with a used $50 original non-asym Hennesy Hammock, it worked and got me started.
    $30 in material and I had an UQ

over the next 5-8 years I collected about 6-7 more Hennesy Hammock (all used, all under $100.00, Exped, explorer, UL backpacker)
    I then bought a new Double layer jungle explorer, then a new Safari Jungle.

The Jungle safari is larger and more comfy than the others. (I canoe/Kayak camp so weight is not an issue)

My now 16 year old son has been telling me he has not been able to get comfy/full night sleep in his HH explorer, so I got him a WBBB XLC for his birthday, way more comfy then the HH

I just recently "discovered" the cottage industry of hammock makes.

For what I paid for the made in china hennesy safri jungle (around 299.00) I could have bought a Blackbird XLC, Chameleon or Darien, etc. )
    I ordered the Darien to replace my HH Jungle I use, the Darien in Double layer, 2.2 hex material (Of MY color choice), my zipper type, in extra long and WAY EXTRA wide comes in way LESS than the off the shelf, smaller Hennesy
    From all of us here thanks for the rundown.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Thank you very much Slackdaddy.
    This ones gonna be a nice looking hammock. It'll be flat and firm for sure with the double layers of 2.2oz Hex70 XL fabric.

Hammock
    DH Darien, WBBB XLC, 6 HH
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield (5
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle strap
    Images
    I was holding out for a Olive ext/orange interior in the 2.2 Hex70 74 fabric but it looks like the orange 74 wide is a ways off still.
    If this one is as good as I think it will be, I will resell the WBBB and order a 2nd Darien in Olive/orange

BTW, putting order status tracking online is the worst thing you could have ever done,, I check the status 4 times a day,, like watching water waiting it to boil!!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Thank you very much Slackdaddy.
    This ones gonna be a nice looking hammock. It'll be flat and firm for sure with the double layers of 2.2oz Hex70 XL fabric.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG CUBEN TARP
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies / CRL
    BTW, putting order status tracking online is the worst thing you could have ever done,, I check the status 4 times a day,, like watching water waiting it to boil!!
    I do the same thing, I cant help but check it. It is really cool to see your order climb up to the top of the page though. My Raven should go "In Progress" next week.

• + New Posts