Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I've been a Warbonnet Ridgerunner evangelist from the first night I slept in one. It's not for everyone but everyone should try one out at least once. Glad you like yours now get that Lynx.
    I just bought an overstuffed CDT Lynx clone w/ faux baffles from the f/s section and.it's great. No messing with shock cord on each corner, just slip the loop over the tit on the spreader bar and done! So much easier.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Have been thinking about the Ridgerunner, but I usually side sleep in the fetal position. I know it tapers in toward the middle. Does this make it difficult to side sleep in the fetal position?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Torbs View Post
    Have been thinking about the Ridgerunner, but I usually side sleep in the fetal position. I know it tapers in toward the middle. Does this make it difficult to side sleep in the fetal position?
    Some find it good in fetal and some find their knees against the stiff edges of the RR and find that uncomfortable. It must depend on height and amount of fetal position one is in.
    In my experience nothing works for everyone 100% when it comes to hammocks.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    I’m 6’2” and my knees hit the side of the RR when laying with my knees up in a fetal position. I had to send mine back - really wanted to like it but it didn’t work out.
    Maybe it works for a shorter person or with knees more at an angle?
    If you can see one at a group hang that would help.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I don't know how far away it is for you, but I'll be bringing mine to the NoVA hang in November if you are still interested in trying one then. I'm 5'7 and I don't have a problem laying on my side in a fetal position. It looks like it really does depend on how tall you are and how far you bring your knees up. Since getting my RR.I haven't used any of my GE hammocks, that's how comfortable I am in it. And since I got the Lynx clone its been even better. So much for getting a new GE hammock to replace my XLC! All I need now is a spindrift and I'll be set. WB has a few in the blem section that I've been checking out, 2 old style w/ the single zipper that are first quality @ $25 off , and 1 new style w/ the pad zipper and a small patches hole for $15 off. I think i might get the brown old style since I don't use a pad. I used the sock in my XLC quite a bit last winter and it makes a big difference. As long as I left a small gap in the zippe rd for condensation to escape I didn't have any issues with it, and only once did I wake up with lots of frost inside.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Thanks for the offer Chesapeake. I live about a mile from the Ohio River, so that would be a bit of a drive for me. Have a 90 degree Hammock Tent and an Amok Draumr that I may be selling soon to get some funds for a Ridgerunner. Son is outgrowing the 90 degree and I am preordering the Amok Draumr xl, so won’t need the 3.0 anymore.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    I get what some are saying about the sides of the RR, and agree. I'm able to make it work though on my side.

I also have a 90 degree like above and can compare a bit.

I didn't think it'd get any better than the 90 degree for comfort, small packing and the bullet proof tarp. Then, I got a RR. For me, it isn't as comfortable as the 90 degree, mostly thanks to those low sides that don't allow me to get into the full fetal that I have no problem with in the 90 degree.

BUT, the RR is just so **** livable, while being almost as comfortable as the 90 degree. While the 90degree tarp fits the hammock like a glove, the cloudburst fits the RR oversized. It's massive. As in, hammock setup, tarp in porch mode, all my crap under the tarp, with a camp chair in the pouring rain and all is good massive.

Getting in/out of the RR is as simple as flipping your legs over and standing up, while the 90 degree has you bouncing off the front of the tarp.

For pure comfort, the 90 degree is better for me, and if I was a gram counting hiker, it'd be the obvious choice, but as a motorcyclist more concerned with pack size, the massive RR setup isn't all that much bigger. Alright, it's bigger, but it stuffs better.

I like both, and don't think I could choose between the two. Fortunately, I don't need to.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    I admit I've only given bridges a brief lay. They feel more like a bed or cot than a (gathered end) hammock to me. If a bed is your gold standard of comfort, then yes, you'll probably like. I can't even sleep in beds anymore, so pleased am I with the lay of a good GE. It's been over 5 years full time now, but I do remember when making the switch that it takes 1-2 weeks of nightly for a GE to feel 100% normal. I wonder if those who prefer bridges haven't been able or willing to give GEs enough nights back to back to stop feeling weird?
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I've said it before in a different thread, but I'll mention it again. I've been sleeping full-time in a hammock for about 18 months and during that time I've swapped back and forth between a Ridgerunner and a Blackbird XLC every few months. I find both to be very comfortable and have no issues when switching. It might be because both hammocks are high quality with great design features or it might be that I'm going to be comfortable in anything that is not a bed, cot, ground pad,etc. I can side sleep in both styles since I'm 5'8" with short legs, long torso. Perhaps my vanilla, everything is good experience will not be helpful to someone else trying to figure out if they like a bridge or a GE better, but it underscores the mantra that everyone is different when it comes to sleeping well.
    The game is the best teacher.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Watertooner View Post
    I've said it before in a different thread, but I'll mention it again. I've been sleeping full-time in a hammock for about 18 months and during that time I've swapped back and forth between a Ridgerunner and a Blackbird XLC every few months. I find both to be very comfortable and have no issues when switching. It might be because both hammocks are high quality with great design features or it might be that I'm going to be comfortable in anything that is not a bed, cot, ground pad,etc. I can side sleep in both styles since I'm 5'8" with short legs, long torso. Perhaps my vanilla, everything is good experience will not be helpful to someone else trying to figure out if they like a bridge or a GE better, but it underscores the mantra that everyone is different when it comes to sleeping well.
    I agree! Hence, YMMV in all hammock related questions!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast