Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Incubator econ is simply using heavier fabric and down, but same design. It’s arguably a negligible difference in weight and comfort, so a lot of folks like them.

The main thing to note with a wookie is that it is an asymmetrical design. Which allows it to get by with less down, making it lightweight. They are designed for use with Blackbirds, so that allows them to get by without adjustments, which makes it foolproof. Folks have made them work with other brands, but it won’t be exactly the same results because Blackbirds have less sag and whipped ends.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I like my Incubator, but an Econ Incubator sounds good too (if you don't mind the extra weight and bulk). The Wookie, as mentioned, is more specifically designed for Blackbirds and Warbonnet hammocks.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If you have a Warbonnet Blackbird or Blackbird XLC, the Wooki is awesome. Hang it and forget it, no adjustment necessary. But to use it on another brand or style hammock would require some fidgeting.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
    If you have a Warbonnet Blackbird or Blackbird XLC, the Wooki is awesome. Hang it and forget it, no adjustment necessary. But to use it on another brand or style hammock would require some fidgeting.
    Converely, if you decide to use a different brand of underquilt on a Warbonnet hammock, you may find that narrower underquilts -- approximately 44" or less in width -- fit better.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    +1 on what SS said. I absolutely love my custom -10° Incubator, it fits great on my XLC ,Ridgerunner and diy hammock . However, now that I have a 40° econ Burrow though, I definitely wouldn't mind getting a 30° Incubator or matching 40° Pheonix since they cost a lot less, and i wouldn't need any custom work done for that temp rating so an in stock or Dutch edition would be just fine. My old 0° 'Bator was a Dutch edition and my current 40° econ Burrow was in-stock , both quilts are great and I haven't ever had any issues.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Without any other info (which we really need to have any distinct opinion), then the Econ Incubator based on cost.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    The main thing to note with a wookie is that it is an asymmetrical design. Which allows it to get by with less down, making it lightweight. They are designed for use with Blackbirds, so that allows them to get by without adjustments, which makes it foolproof. Folks have made them work with other brands, but it won’t be exactly the same results because Blackbirds have less sag and whipped ends.
    Not at all - the Wooki works perfectly with any other rectangular gathered end hammock, no matter how much sag it has. I have ditched all my other underquilts in favor of the Wooki, and have been using it with different GE hammocks (Dream Hammock, Hennessy, BIAS, Wilderness Logics, Dutch, UK Hammocks, plenty of DIYs). It even worked very well with my Brazilian hammock. It's also pretty easy to fit to longer hammocks. I have always had trouble to get a good fit with my other underquilts. Not so with the Wooki. The only big con of the Wooki really is the asymmetrical design. Well, that and that it's only available in one-size-fits-all. If you are taller than 6', the insulated area gets too small quickly. But with a size of 5'4" and as a fixed-direction-sleeper, I would pick a Wooki anytime over any other underquilt currently commercially available.

Hammock
    Hennessy Exp Ultralight Zip
    Tarp
    Hummingbird Heron
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hummingbird Straps
    I got an HG Econ 40 just recently and absolutely love it. Just a couple more ounces than the regular version and $100 cheaper.

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Converely, if you decide to use a different brand of underquilt on a Warbonnet hammock, you may find that narrower underquilts -- approximately 44" or less in width -- fit better.
    Agree, my tiny summer series quilt fits my 5'8" 175 frame perfectly in a regular BB.... I also lay close to right down the middle, so it doesn't stretch the cords too much

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast