Bear Butt - Old Glory
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla 12'
    Insulation
    Chill Gorilla U/Q
    Suspension
    Fnova Straps

Hello, everyone.

I am posting on this forum for the first time. I found this the other night after being woke up by an infestation of chigger bites that I got hiking last week. The name is Scott and I'm located in Lawrence, KS. I googled a question about dreams while sleeping in a hammock. While hammock camping this past weekend, I once again experienced the most vivid and bizarre dreams that I have experienced in recent memory. It then occurred to me that every time I sleep in my hammock, I experience these dreams. Anyway, I was reaching out to see if others experience this and I came across some posts from this site.

I would also like to point out that when I was growing up and camping in Boy Scouts, as a youth, I never slept comfortably on the ground. Later, as a Boy Scout Leader and watching my son work his way up in Scouting, sleeping on the ground was a necessity, then. I would sleep well enough and get just enough rest, but I never woke up refreshed. Now, some 15 years later, my son introduced me to hammock camping. I sleep like a baby in a hammock. I look forward to camping for the shear excitement of sleeping in that stupid hammock. Haha!

So, anyone else have weird dreams. (I am sure it was a dream because there are no wild monkeys in the local forests to my knowledge.)

Scott

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome to the forums. I've either not dreamed or do not remember my dreams for the last 40 years. Once I had back surgery I've not slept in one position long enough to get to that level of sleep. I envy you guys that experience this.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I always have vivid, memorable dreams, but in the hammock, they are intensified. The last camping trip, right before bedtime, one of the youngsters was catching frogs. The frogs were giving a beautiful concert each night. That night, I dreamt that one of the frogs landed on my head and wouldn’t get off. I swear I could feel the weight of it. It was a big one.

Charlotte

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    You should try sleeping in your hammock in the yard at home. I thought I always slept so well from the hiking and not as much from the hammock until I did. Welcome to the forums, I think you will like it here

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trecker8 View Post
    Better watch out guys, this thread isn't talking about Hammock PRODUCTS, so that's not allowed. I know
    WTF.........

I always dream earlier in a hammock. Otherwise haven’t noticed them being more vivid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Bear Butt - Old Glory
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla 12'
    Insulation
    Chill Gorilla U/Q
    Suspension
    Fnova Straps
    That's hilarious! This last weekend I dreamed that a fawn had jumped over me in the hammock and jostled me on the way over. Then, a monkey jumped on me...... I wonder what Freud would say about that one. There was more but the thing is, I never remember my dreams when I'm sleeping in my bed with my wife. It seems that I reach a deep REM sleep in my hammock and when I wake up, I feel like a million bucks. - Scott

Hammock
    Bear Butt - Old Glory
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla 12'
    Insulation
    Chill Gorilla U/Q
    Suspension
    Fnova Straps
    I'm going to give that a try. I have two trees that will work but a rain fly isn't possible because of the proximity of our fence.

Quote Originally Posted by lsburk View Post

So, anyone else have weird dreams. (I am sure it was a dream because there are no wild monkeys in the local forests to my knowledge.)

Scott
    You're not alone. (Cue dramatic music)

While it doesn't happen every time, and I wouldn't necessarily call them weird, I'd agree that some of my most vivid dreams happen when I'm sleeping in a hammock outdoors.I'd guess it has to do with all the unfamiliar stimuli that's not present in my bedroom. My sleeping brain is probably quite busy trying to process the frogs and crickets and feeling of breezes and such.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I hang over the dying fire.

Wild monkeys? This sounds like Jumanji!
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 08-16-2018 at 03:01.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts