WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Google it
    I can't, I fear someone may review my search history / internet cache.

Hammock
    Bearded Hanger
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    LLG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatBigDave View Post
    As you point out, it's not your business; if you do run a business, I hope you have the presence of mind to take care of yourself and your family (especially if most of your workers are family). LL has a long lead time, it's true. Many customers are willing to wait and plan for the wait. Custom made, hand crafted in the USA products are worth it to many of us and George's special work is worth it to enough customers to keep him more than busy. If he were to chase every order and grow his business faster than he can control he would soon be out of business churning out an inferior product his customers shun.

I understand that as customers we expect to be #1 but enjoying the product of skilled craftspeople follows a different paradigm.
    Well said. Plan for it. People expect to order something and have it the next day. If you want that order from Amazon. LLGs stuff is top notch. I gladly accept the wait time in exchange for one hell of a product.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Likes Dirt View Post
    Cahoonas have never been a problem for me, but here's my point. I have nothing against vacations, heck, I've even taken a few in my time. But if it was my business, it would bug me that my lead time is 8 weeks while my competitors are all at 4-6. I would ask myself, how many sales have I given up to potential buyers that have been turned off by the long lead time? I'd like to try LL gear but, earlier in the year, I was in the market for a 40° quilt set and went with another vendor because of the long lead time. Currently, I'm in the market for a 20° set and ditto. I'm not gonna wait 8 weeks for anything. Hell, I could be dead in 8 week! Just say'in.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Whatever.

Hammock
    Chameleon / HH with 2qzq mod 4
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly/ZqDoors
    Insulation
    LL Reaper / GP
    Suspension
    Beetle buckle
    If You Ever get the privilege to meet George he would tell you that the wait list has always bothered him. Handmade Crafted Items with George's Quality of Workmanship is unmatched in his Line of work! The Chevron Baffle design Is not Easy to do. Give the man a Break and let him Hang in his Hammock. That's why we all work so hard...To enjoy the little things
    Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. - Plato

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Enjoy your time off! We all could use a little more of it.

As to the other discussion, well... products have costs and benefits. Both can take many forms, and what's important (to me, anyway) is that the costs are adequately communicated and the benefits aren't undershot. In the case of Loco Libre Gear, the price and lead time are right there on the website... and the product quality is fantastic.

Weigh the costs and benefits and find what works for you. Given my satisfaction with my first LLG quilt, I'll happily plan & wait for another when that time comes.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have nothing against vacations, heck, I've even taken a few in my time. But if it was my business, it would bug me that my lead time is 8 weeks while my competitors are all at 4-6. I would ask myself, how many sales have I given up to potential buyers that have been turned off by the long lead time?
    Sounds like you either don't own a business or don't need time off yourself. Instead of working without ever going on vacation (because as soon as the lead time starts dropping, there'll likely be more orders - and then you'll have to work even more), or hiring more people, which brings its own set of problems, there is actually another solution to bring down the turnaround time: LL could raise their prices. But you probably wouldn't like that, either.

I'd like to try LL gear but, earlier in the year, I was in the market for a 40° quilt set and went with another vendor because of the long lead time. Currently, I'm in the market for a 20° set and ditto. I'm not gonna wait 8 weeks for anything.
    I guess you'll never have kids, then

But seriously, if you don't want to wait, buy a quilt from one of the other vendors. Problem solved.

Hell, I could be dead in 8 week! Just say'in.
    So could George. I certainly wouldn't want to spend my last 8 weeks working for people who begrudge me my hard earned vacation just because they need instant gratification.

Images
    Cahoonas have never been a problem for me, but here's my point. I have nothing against vacations, heck, I've even taken a few in my time. But if it was my business, it would bug me that my lead time is 8 weeks while my competitors are all at 4-6. I would ask myself, how many sales have I given up to potential buyers that have been turned off by the long lead time? I'd like to try LL gear but, earlier in the year, I was in the market for a 40° quilt set and went with another vendor because of the long lead time. Currently, I'm in the market for a 20° set and ditto. I'm not gonna wait 8 weeks for anything. Hell, I could be dead in 8 week! Just say'in.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Dude just give up. You come off as ignorant and a douche. You whining that this one man operation has a longer wait time than other companies who have multiple employees sewing for them?
    You whining that someone created a small business and is doing well?
    If someone has an 8 week lead time all year round, then when do you suppose he takes a break, never?
    Seriously, not one person around here is going to agree with you, and k owing george peraonally, I cant say a single bad thing about him. Whine all you want, no one here will take your side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    8 weeks is worth the wait.

Have a great time George.
    ❤️
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post

❤️
    Amen sister!! Plan ahead and all is well. We all need down time otherwise we get cranky and quality suffers. I've met George and I bet he can get cranky with the best of them! He needs and deserves a nice vacation for sure!!

www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post

❤️
    Amen sister!! Plan ahead and all is well. We all need down time otherwise we get cranky and quality suffers. I've met George and I bet he can get cranky with the best of them! He needs and deserves a nice vacation for sure!!

www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast