Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Yep, twice over the years. You know what helps avoid this, other than paying attention? Side pull outs that keep the edges separate while you are out. Also, bridge hammocks and bottom entry HH are pretty much immune.
    I was paying attention, just not enough!

Yup, pull-outs would change the picture. Thing is, that hammock is a BBXLC and the pullouts are on the net, not the hammock body (and the net was AWOL.) Wouldn't have happened with the net on.

Never could get excited about those bottom-entry HHs.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    I was paying attention, just not enough!

Yup, pull-outs would change the picture. Thing is, that hammock is a BBXLC and the pullouts are on the net, not the hammock body (and the net was AWOL.) Wouldn't have happened with the net on.

Never could get excited about those bottom-entry HHs.
    Same here: I was paying attention as well, just not enough. I think I grabbed the opposite side Pea Pod (or UQ ) edge thinking I was grabbing the opposite side hammock edge. Both times when getting back in during the middle of the night. I did not learn my lesson first time and decided to try it again couple of years later. Worked out just the same. Ouch.

There was a sleeping bag in the hammock keeping it spread-yeah. Broad daylight, cold sober, on my back. Nothing hurt.
    It was a dark and moonless night. i tried to make certain to get in the hammock not the UQ.I finally got out the flashlight and found the UQ inside the hammock. Don't know when it flipped, but this a good argument for different colors for hammock and quilt-maybe one bright safety yellow.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    My adventure included a Fronkey style net. Among other issues, my deductive reasoning was impaired by adult refreshments, so it took awhile. Amazingly, the only damage was to my pride.
    Dave

"I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults". Molly Ivins

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    ..., my deductive reasoning was impaired by adult refreshments, ...
    Probably softened the impact!

And one more reason that I like integrated nets over Fronkeys. Wouldn't have happened with my net zipped on.
    Last edited by TominMN; 10-15-2018 at 11:52.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB Winter Wooki
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I probably do that stunt once a year... But never with an integrated hammock so far.