Hammock
    HH Xped w/2QZQ#4 and HH ULBA
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenx|7DBurrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/DCs

where's the Ultralight Backpacker weight savings?

the hennessy website comparison chart shows that the ULBA is 13 oz lighter then the Expedition.

i assume that when they list the weight of each hammock, it includes the tarp and tree huggers as well.

the stock tarp and hammock suspension on the ULBA are smaller, the tree huggers are only 1" wide compared to 2" for the Expedition so the total weight should be lighter but how much of the 13 oz do these things make up?

does anyone know the weight difference of just the hammock body between the ULBA and the Expedition?

if you used a non-stock tarp, converted the stock suspension on both to whoopie slings, and used the 1" tree huggers on both, what would be the weight difference then?

Hammock
    HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images
    the stock tarp for the ULBA is not smaller... its actually a bit bigger than thr stock tarp for the expedition.
    "This is what i love about backpacking... Just clean your stuff by licking it." - Shug

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/Grizz Beak
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by storm1 View Post
    the hennessy website comparison chart shows that the ULBA is 13 oz lighter then the Expedition.

i assume that when they list the weight of each hammock, it includes the tarp and tree huggers as well.

the stock tarp and hammock suspension on the ULBA are smaller, the tree huggers are only 1" wide compared to 2" for the Expedition so the total weight should be lighter but how much of the 13 oz do these things make up?

does anyone know the weight difference of just the hammock body between the ULBA and the Expedition?

if you used a non-stock tarp, converted the stock suspension on both to whoopie slings, and used the 1" tree huggers on both, what would be the weight difference then?
    Looks like the ULBA is made of 70D material while the Exped Asym is made of 210D material. I'd say that's where most of the weight difference comes from. That's why the Exped is rated for 50 lbs. more capacity too.
    The "Search" function is your friend!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
    Looks like the ULBA is made of 70D material while the Exped Asym is made of 210D material. I'd say that's where most of the weight difference comes from. That's why the Exped is rated for 50 lbs. more capacity too.
    Plus the tarp, though slightly smaller on the Exp, is PU coated vs sil, and weighs 2.75 oz more than the ULBP tarp. So that, plus the larger huggers and heavier hammock fabric adds up to the 13 oz.

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HH Incubat
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    The suspension line on the Expedition is a very large diameter as well, maybe 9 or 10 mm. It's perhaps half that on the ULBP.

• + New Posts