I left for a trip last weekend and forgot my regular tarp pegs. I stopped at Home Depot on the way looking for the long nails I've heard that some people use. I think they're called gutter nails. What I ended up with were 10" long galvanized (steel I assume) spikes. They were heavy as heck, but cheap and did the job. I have a feeling that the "spikes" I used were not what people mean when they talk of using "nails". Does anybody use these things and, if so, what are they called?

The main reason I ask is I'm sure to forget my pegs again sooner or later.