Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12x12
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underquilt
    Suspension
    GT Trunk Straps

Seattle WA!

I have not hung yet but I am never sleeping on the ground again! And I do not winter camp - Yet...

I have a couple of really cheap Jungle hammocks that I bought off eBay. They came with zippered noseeem mesh and a nylon tarp. I got them for like $20 a piece. After I received them I found that they are way too short. So they will be my guest and tryout hammocks that I will pack along to convert people.

I am ordering 2 Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammocks from Amazon this week for $16.47 each and a Kelty Noahs 12' Tarp

I have 2 huge synthetic 0 degree sleeping bags, a huge 90 liter pack, and a wife that does not carry anything. - I think that I am going to get her a small pack with a camel pack bladder in it on the cheap.

I really want to replace the synthetic bags with down ones to save space since reading on these forums leads me to believe that all sleeping bag bottom insulation is crushed and rendered useless regardless of the bag?

I was considering the Big Agnes Lost Ranger +15 Sleeping Bag and some sort of pad for it - I am not sure which pad to get!?

I would like to stay away from packing under quilts - I am not doing any winter camping - yet so I do no think that I need one?

We are planning our 1st hang at Cape Alava April 2nd - 4th. It is on the ocean coast on the Olympic Peninsula - So far north that you can see Canada. It will be about 50f during the day and 30f at night.
    Last edited by theerb; 03-06-2010 at 01:40.

• + New Posts