Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GoLite 1+ Season quilt?

I did a search but didn't come up with a whole lot on GoLite... Does anyone have experience with their quilts?

I'm looking at this one for an 8 week bike trek this summer. (SPE underneath with a Thermarest ProLite)

It's a full pound lighter than my current sleeping bag, ought to pack much smaller, and I'm really not too worried about getting cold (Frankly, I'd think the opposite, but I'm brand new to hammock camping). I found it online for $160.

What does the experience of the HF think?

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    I think there may be lighter alternatives. Look at the JRB Shenandoah 4 oz lighter and $10 less expensive.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    i have the golite ultra 20 in long version, its ok i guess for a first top quilt but i think they were a lil' lite on the fill, i will be selling it in the near future and getting a burrow by perfect trees,
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by khai View Post
    Does anyone have experience with their quilts?
    Quite a few on this forum have experience with the now-discontinued Ultra20 quilt. It worked well for some, others found it to be under-filled.

The newer quilts, like the one you linked, have only been out for a couple of months. So, we haven't heard much feedback about them yet. They seem somewhat heavy, just from the specs.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

I have the new 3 Season one, had the Ultra 20 and some of the baffles had very little down in them so I contacted them sent in my quilt all I was asking was for them to fill the low baffles, and they just sent me the new one, so just an FYI for all who have the old one and are having the same problem as I did. As a side note I have not had a chance to use it as of yet, been way too busy, but will this weekend at the MAHHA hang, if you would like can give a report after that?! I am also taking it with on my VA section hike the end of this month after that I would be able to give a more detailed evaluation on how it does?! I will say though that I "REALLY, REALLY" want a Burrow from the Perfect Trees!

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Quite a few on this forum have experience with the now-discontinued Ultra20 quilt. It worked well for some, others found it to be under-filled.

The newer quilts, like the one you linked, have only been out for a couple of months. So, we haven't heard much feedback about them yet. They seem somewhat heavy, just from the specs.
    AS,
    Yes you are correct it is heavier, but it also feels different, cause they used a different material for the quilt, and also has more down in it compared to the Ultra 20 So I'm guessing that this is where the weight difference is coming from!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    I did a search but didn't come up with a whole lot on GoLite... Does anyone have experience with their quilts?

I'm looking at this one for an 8 week bike trek this summer. (SPE underneath with a Thermarest ProLite)

It's a full pound lighter than my current sleeping bag, ought to pack much smaller, and I'm really not too worried about getting cold (Frankly, I'd think the opposite, but I'm brand new to hammock camping). I found it online for $160.

What does the experience of the HF think?
    Khai; unless you think you'll be needing a sleeping bag i would suggest going with the Quilt's that folks on the forum use. Sort of time tested that way. The JRB Shenandoah would work great with your BB. I just got the Hudson River and am very pleased.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    I have the new 3 Season one, had the Ultra 20 and some of the baffles had very little down in them so I contacted them sent in my quilt all I was asking was for them to fill the low baffles, and they just sent me the new one, so just an FYI for all who have the old one and are having the same problem as I did. As a side note I have not had a chance to use it as of yet, been way too busy, but will this weekend at the MAHHA hang, if you would like can give a report after that?! I am also taking it with on my VA section hike the end of this month after that I would be able to give a more detailed evaluation on how it does?! I will say though that I "REALLY, REALLY" want a Burrow from the Perfect Trees!
    Thanks - yours is the only thread that I found that referenced their quilts at all, so I'd love to hear your impressions.

I saw the Perfect Trees stuff and it looks really nice, but I'm thinking it's far too warm for a summer trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottybdiving
    I think there may be lighter alternatives. Look at the JRB Shenandoah 4 oz lighter and $10 less expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Khai; unless you think you'll be needing a sleeping bag i would suggest going with the Quilt's that folks on the forum use. Sort of time tested that way. The JRB Shenandoah would work great with your BB. I just got the Hudson River and am very pleased.
    Thanks guys, somehow I had missed the Shenendoah and was only seeing really warm quilts rated to cold, or very cold. I was beginning to wonder what everyone did in the summer!

Thanks - yours is the only thread that I found that referenced their quilts at all, so I'd love to hear your impressions.

I saw the Perfect Trees stuff and it looks really nice, but I'm thinking it's far too warm for a summer trek.
    Yea once I test it from this weekend and my AT Section Hike I will post a review of it, Stormcrow at The Perfect Trees is a great guy, makes great gear (I have one of his crowsnest UQ) and I'm sure he'd be more than willing to work with you to get you set up! Also I thing that his Quilts would be "ALOT" better than the Golite's. Don't get me wrong I like my TQ and I got one of the old one's at a steal of a price, but if I was going to pay full price I would really be looking elsewhere! There are other cottage industry gear makers on this forum that either do or can make a quilt to fit your needs!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast