Hammock
    Dream Darien, TrailHeadz Wraith
    Tarp
    CRO, HG DCF
    Insulation
    CRO sets
    Suspension
    1.4 uhmwpe+beckets
    Made it back to TX safe and sound Sunday wishing we had more time to hang with everyone! My first HC was a good time and everyone I met was great!

Friday night LED balloons ala CRO was funny. To see them migrate out from our sites to the whole park was crazy! Terrapin's hatchling circle around the creek and the display in camp was awesome, attracted tons of people.

The raffle was great, full of laughs and cheering!

Hanging out with CRO, JRB and TO Saturday night at our sites was a time indeed!

Thanks to Gumbo, Timberrr, LilRicky and everyone else involved for the welcoming and making me feel at home, much appreciated! The vendors with their displays, information and raffle donations were all fantastic as well!

Looking forward to next year!

Thank again to everyone that work so hard. It was awesome Looking forward to HANGCON2020!
    Cheers.

Hammock
    12' CRO Lounger
    Tarp
    12' Hideaway Hex
    Insulation
    CRO TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

HangCon '19>January 24-28, 2019>Trip Report

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome to our first HangCon. We had such a great time meeting a bunch of our customers and talking to everyone about Cedar Ridge Outdoors. We absolutely love the hammock community. Thank you Timberr, Gumbo, lilricky, kettle, and all the others I may have missed for making us feel welcomed and well fed. PSH Chuck wagon rocks!! We are looking forward to HangCon 2020 at Doe Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes nothing is a pretty cool hand.
    -Coolhand Luke-
    http://cedarridgegear.com/
    http://facebook.com/crocustom Give us a

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird, Hybird DH
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    [QUOTE=Timberrr;1947392]Tell us about your time at HangCon '19!!

What did you do? Helped cook Alot. Hung around and had a great time! Loved the wall of flame we got to sit by after we finished the clean up and taking down Hotlips Kitchen set up on Saturday night
    Where did you go? Love looking at all the different setups and getting new ideas and ways to do things.
    What did you think? Cant wait for next year now. May have to try to make it to another hang before then.
    How did you like the new location? It worked out great especially considering the short notice. Loved that our drive was only like 40 minutes away. Found some awesome mom and pop place for breakfast on the way home Called the Happy Hangar that was at a little airport they had jelly that they make frome scratch that was a bonus find.
    Should we go there again or back to Doe Lake? It was a great location that worked out for us. Liked all the different options for hanging that it had. But I dont know if any venue can beat Doe Lake Its gorgeous and just feels like Hangcon Home. The price difference as well being a big factor.

Had a great time seeing everyone again and meeting some new people. Thanks to everyone behind the scenes for all your efforts. It is much appreciated!20190125_160554.jpg20190125_160559.jpg20190125_221317.jpg20190126_221738.jpg

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I buttoned up my tarp Saturday night in expectation for the rain, and I'm glad I did because the wet stuff started falling around 3am Sunday.

I was in porch mode all day Friday and Saturday, though. When I was folding my poles back up on Saturday, one of them went "boioioioing!" and the tip segment shot off the end... some adhesive let go. I emailed CNOC yesterday and they've already emailed to send me a new set.

If you were one of the few that hung in there overnight last night, you're probably enjoying a gorgeous day today.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    There were only a handful who stayed behind to help pack up the H.U.T. (Hammock Utility Trailer) and I wasn't one of them. Thank you to everyone who came out. I hope you all had a blast. I sure did.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in to make sure a good time was had by all. So many folks stepped up to help that I fear I would offend someone by neglecting to mention them.

The campground hosts enjoyed our group and would welcome us back anytime.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Thank you again to everyone who came out to HangCon '19 and made it another resounding success.
    With all the confusions this year, we had some touch and go moments. But the attendees and the folks who step up and volunteer to help in big ways and little ways make it soooo worth it!!

Thank you so much!!!
    HangCon Sign Up:

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Timberrr and I seem to be short one quilt. If you borrowed a quilt and forgot to return it, left early due to weather or something else, please shoot a PM to us so we can make arrangements for it's return. Thanks!
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    From the original posting until yesterday, Monday, I didn't know what to expect with the time and venue change. Multiple times changed. Thru it all, the vendors were a familiar theme of family, friendship, hospitality, and understanding with a lot of donation sprinkled in all over the place.

Thanks to Timberrr and Gumbo for keeping the tradition alive thru multiple challenges and to lilricky for all that yall do for HangCon. It's extraordinary to see yall working behind the scenes for all. Kettle, you are the face everyone meets up front and I couldn't think of another I would want for all to meet and greet up front.

Personally, there were a few of you that helped me and it helped make my weekend. To add to those above, Sunsetkayaker was awesome with her paddling enthusiasm and bringing some boats for us to use. Seeing the manatees in Silver Springs was great but next year we will find the monkeys.

And can anyone disagree with me on the outstanding fare we consumed this weekend? Hotlips and Kingsford, Gumbo and all the kitchen crews that helped everywhere they could lend a hand, yall are the best and I sure do love hanging around the fire and talking past the owls hour.

Although I had to leave early and return late on Friday and Saturday, I still had a great time with all yall and can't wait until next year. Already making plans for MLK Weekend at Doe Lake. And the venue and date are already saved for us, whew.

Give some love to those vendors that helped make your time at HangCon 2019 and throughout the year a better hang thru their wares. Give them a like and thumbs up on Facebook and visit their sites to get the best gear.

I know this isn't the best list but these are some of the vendors I talked to:
    Latherdome- Todd- Tensa4 Hammock stands
    Dutch- Dutchwaregear all things hammock
    New2trees- Sam- Batchstovez cook kits
    DGrav- Jacks"R"Better- quilts
    Cedar Ridge Outdoors- Sorry guys, don't remember your names- quilts

I know there were many other vendors that helped with donations and such and I thank you. I missed the raffle so I didn't get to see all your donations to the raffle but thanks a bunch for helping make HangCon 2019 a success.

Next year I hope to include the Smurfs from Dream Hammock and Paul and Missy from UGQ and a few others I have come to call friends.

*edit*
    How could I forget Alex from Sheltowee- insulated hammocks and UQ's
    and Cajun from Sierra Madre Research- Complete hanging systems
    Last edited by Floridahanger; 01-30-2019 at 09:45.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    I had a great time at Hangcon again and thanks to all staff, volunteers and vendors for helping make this event a success!

Roll the pictures...

To be continued.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast