Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down

First overnight hang

Spent my first night out at Canoebies place. It was great. Got down to 11 deg. I had just my cheap hammock and polly tarp, blue Wallyworld pad, sleeping bag and a nice wool blanket provided by canoebie. Tested my new whoopie slings I made the day before. Worked perfectly. There was also of course Canoebie , Gargoyle and TroutehCuss there. If you ever have the chance to eat from Canoebies DO you will be a very happy and full person. I need to fine tune a few things but all went well. Hmmm I have to remember a pillow next time.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

Canoebies Hang

Made a few new friends and ate like a KING.

Trip Report:
    Drove two hours South and met up with Canoebie at his house. An awesome spread with sandhill cranes honking overhead. Low of 11 degrees at night. Definitely had frost on the pumpkin In attendance were Troutehcuss, and otter46544. Great to put some names and faces together. Had a great time swapping lies and telling stories around the campfire.
    Canoebies throw down on the dutch oven was some excellent eatin'. Saturday night dinner included slow cooked vegetable soup that was to die for, some venison and burgers grilled over the fire, and a couple adult beverages.

Coyotes kept us entertained with some good background noise during the wee hours of the night.

Sunday morn was frigid, till the sun warmed the site. All hangers reported sleeping well, with a few needed mods for cold sleeping temps. But from the sounds of snores echoing in the woods, most slept well.
    Fresh cowboy coffee took some of the sting off the cold temps. Then canoebie set out to demonstrate his dutch oven prowess. Taters, eggs, sausage, and venison, with added onions, peppers, garlic and cheese. If y'all get a chance, it was deliciousioso!! Oh, and biscuits in the DO. Yummy!

Some pics:
    canoebies hang 011.JPG
    Canoebies Claytor, 0* CampMor bag, Warm Window DIY UQ, with a ThermaRest pad in the sleeve pocket. Claytor diamond up top. This hammock makes weird snorting noises at night.

canoebies hang 010.JPG
    canoebies hang 001.JPG
    Gargoyle's DIY 8x11 tarp, Diy ACU Digital camo hammock, Diy sleeping bag mod, blue ccf pad.
    canoebies hang 003.JPG
    Trout and his DIY 12x10 flourescent orange (stealth has left the building) tarp, hiding under the tarp is a nice green 12 foot long hammock, new whoopies in gunmetal grey. Trout's diy skills are impressive, we all took a ride in his longdog hammock. Trout brought a few sleeping bags along to soften his rookie hang, (3 bags, 1 pad and a wool blanket. He's a good snorer, too.
    canoebies hang 009.JPG
    otter's wallyworld hammock, diy whoopies, and camo tarp. Otter crashed and snoozed away inside his sleeping bag, toasty warm.
    canoebies hang 006.JPG

canoebies hang 005.JPG
    Otter, on the left, and Canoebie digesting breakfast. The fire was a popular place all night and morning.
    canoebies hang 004.JPG
    Where the magic happened. Great set-up ala canoebies excellent hosting skills.
    Had a great time a few cold toes, fun sharing and learning from all the guys. The hot water bottle was a great thing!! Thanks canoebie for having us over, beatiful spot for a hang.
    Thanks so much, to all in attendance. and Mrs. Canoebie.
    Gargoyle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Nice pics gargoyle. I should have just waited and let you post first. It was great meeting you and cant wait to hang with ya again.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    So Gargoyle called me yesterday to rub in just how good all the DO and venison chow was, thanks bud. My mouth is still watering. Wish I had some trees and a pond, our 4 acres are covered in sage brush and tumble weeds.

Thanks again G for rubbing in the good time and telling me all about it.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

• + New Posts