WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

gross gain ribbin triglides?

I would like to use gross gain ribbon for the straps on a new back pack design, but its so thin that regular style triglides dont work---it slips. Is there a way to use gross gain ribbin?
    Last edited by stevebo; 03-08-2010 at 20:00.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    sew a couple of layers together?

Hammock
    HH Camo Survivor & DIY GE
    Tarp
    Speer 8x10 sil
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Maybe the triglides need some rethinking. I've had my eyes on some swimsuit/bra hooks that look like they would work very well with gross grain. I've been planning on making some tree straps for my tarp using 3/4 gross grain and these hooks like a dutch clip. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I'll start another thread on it to let people know how it went.

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    Are you using the industrial GG or the regular fabric store GG? I'd make sure you were using the industrial stuff if you wanted to try using it with the triglides.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I would not entrust the bra strap adjuster with any significant weight stress. As cinch straps they might be fine, but for weight bearing straps I would look elsewhere.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    all I need is a simple way to adjust the straps of my pack-----I love the ribbon, its cheap, its light , its easy to sew,and seems really strong for what I want to use it for, I just need a way to adjust them!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    I just replaced my grosgrain sternum strap I hacked together with some 1" ratchet strap webbing. Holds a looootttt better. What I ended up doing with the grosgrain was threading the tail over the last "rung" and back under the first "rung". That held pretty well, but it still crept out over time. I didn't think to sew a few layers together like KerMegan suggested, but that's probably your best bet. Good poly or polypro webbing shouldn't be that much heavier, and for the ease of use and security, it might be worth it. :-/

Hope you figure something out,
    Acer
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    HH Camo Survivor & DIY GE
    Tarp
    Speer 8x10 sil
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    I would not entrust the bra strap adjuster with any significant weight stress. As cinch straps they might be fine, but for weight bearing straps I would look elsewhere.
    I was going to use them for my tarp ridgeline as a small "dutch clip"-like connector, which has some stress, but not as much as the hammock. If it doesn't work, I'm only out a few dollars, but thanks for the heads up.

• + New Posts