Not going to bother posting a photo on just this part but I do have a plan created for all of the mods to this quilt.
First step this evening was easy, remove the useless Omnitape. I found the Omnitape not to hold very well where I wanted it to. When I bought it I liked the idea but after using it as a ground pounder (it's intended purpose) I find the stuff just doesn't hold when tossing and turning.
With the tape removed I cut the weight 1.8 ounces by my scale.
Tomorrow I begin adding additional down to the baffles. I have 7 ounces total of 750+ fill.
My intention is to first add down to the baffles and make sure I am on the right track. If that goes well, then I intend to remove a large portion of the bottom and created a sewn footbox.
My hope is that by removing the omnitape and then creating a proper tapered footbox, the weight loss will offset the gain of the new down holding the total weight to 23 ounces.