Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO Double & HH Expedition
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Quilts rule!
    Images
    In warmer weather, I'll just wear a pair of synthetic boxer shorts. As it cools down, I'll add silk long johns, socks, glomitts, and a hat as required. I tend to turn to thicker quilts rather than more layers. Just a preference as I don't like getting twisted up in layers of clothing.
    Peace,
    Joe

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Sleeping clothes? What are those? I live in Florida has anybody invented a hammock A/C?

Seriously, even in S. Florida I carry a beanie hat. There were a couple of nights in March this past year that were surprisingly cool at night when I was not expecting it and I got a little chilled. Hat went on and I went right back to sleep. Of course, I felt a little silly in the morning when I crawled out of my hammock with shorts, t-shirt, and a warm beanie on my head.
    hey, something to cover the head/neck is a small, lightweight, & worthy piece of gear to have.
    have you seen t-backs modified hammock fan? if not, i'll see if i can find a picture. i bought one my self... just haven't rigged it up yet.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    hey, something to cover the head/neck is a small, lightweight, & worthy piece of gear to have.
    have you seen t-backs modified hammock fan? if not, i'll see if i can find a picture. i bought one my self... just haven't rigged it up yet.
    Amen on the head-wear!

No. I'd love to see a pic of it. I've been looking at some of the battery operated fans that I could hang from a hammock for some of these summer hikes in FL. I'm not too worried about the weight, as I'm keeping the mileages below 50 miles for the most part. My biggest problem right now is the Warbonnet (which I adore) has no ridgeline and no place to hang a fan from. But, I'm not above putting a non-structual one in if it means having a few extra degrees of coolness.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    second the beanie cap in summer and the balaclava in winter... if cold both....

Routinely I sleep in my camp gear which is silk long bottom summer and wool in the winter and similiar top.... The camp clothes are the keep dry set and are what I change too after setting camp and reducing any physical activity for the day.... Change back to the damp hiking gear the next morning and restow the dry camp/survival change/sleep set in the waterproof stuff sack.

Driness is as important as the "what" you chose to sleep in.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i started a new thread about "hammock fans" in the tips & tricks forum.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...3496#post23496
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

in the summer I wear shorts and a t-shirt, in the winter (when cold) I wear a set of polypros (top and bottoms) and a hat. I can't sleep when I am smothered in clothes.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I use fleece and Merino Wool thermals in the cooler months and boxers and a t-shirt in the summer. The last couple of times I have used my hammock this summer it's been hotter than heck and I have just slept in boxers with no top quilt.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I'm not too picky on what I wear when I hang, but if it's cold I'll wear polypros with a TNF beanie. When it's warmer, I'll wear a t-shirt and scrub pants or shorts. Just depends on my mood, really.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I don't often wear my Superman stuff, but when I do the cape doubles as a hammock. If there aren't any trees, it just levitates like a flying carpet...perfectly flat sleeping area, with perfect support and no pressure points.

In the summer, it's usually just shorts and a T-shirt...often my hiking gear. I usually have a beanie and silkweight long johns along if I'm going to any elevation, but they usually stay in my pack.

As it gets colder, I bring either the silkweights or midweight long johns.

Add the facemask to the beanie. (The facemask is similar to this one but w/o the fleece on the neck.)

Add my wpb raingear.

Add a fleece jacket on top of the raingear. If I wear it inside, it acts like a VB and my fleece is damp in the morning. On the outside of my raingear, it's barely damp at all.

I almost always have on socks...thickness depends on season.

I also have the mittens that flip back into fingerless gloves when needed. (Are those glommits?) And a balaclava if I need it, but it's not as comfortable as the facemask so I don't like it.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images