Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL

Cool Another Hoosier hanger here

Heya, folks!

A old-but-budding hammocker in the making, here. Looking forward to moving into the trees from the cold, damp ground this season.

I'll be scouring the forums for info so I don't ask a bunch of the same noob questions. But rest assured...there will be questions.

It's been many, many years since I have been on a forum, so pardon me if things get a little sideways as I mash buttons I am probably supposed to ignore. Grunts aren't necessarily known for being smart, after all.

The various suspension systems intrigue me, so I'll be spending some time in that section. I am also a stomach sleeper, so I know I have limited options in hammocks. As such, I have an Amok on the way and look forward to maybe meeting some of you out there as I learn the ropes (and straps, puns intended) and make this transition.

Also, an early thanks to the knowledge already imparted by hammocking personalities such as Shug and Spiguyver (I hope I spelled that right) and others for getting me interested in an alternative to tent/ground camping.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Last weekend of April, a group of us will meet in the Hoosier National Forest, for our Spring HF Hang. Consider this your invitation.

Great people, lots of different hammocks to talk about and take for a spin. Tents are always welcome too. Check out additional info in the Midwest Planning thread and welcome to HF Grunt!

Rolloff
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Welcome to the forums from Hamilton County.

This is a great place for info and ideas on how to spend time and money!

Welcome to the forums. As Geekeneer implied, hang onto your wallet. There's more good ideas here than bucks in the bank. When you get that Amok up and running, don't forget to post a pic or two.
    Cheers.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Last weekend of April, a group of us will meet in the Hoosier National Forest, for our Spring HF Hang. Consider this your invitation.

Great people, lots of different hammocks to talk about and take for a spin. Tents are always welcome too. Check out additional info in the Midwest Planning thread and welcome to HF Grunt!

Rolloff
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I should be able to get to that hang and look forward to seeing y'all there!

• + New Posts