Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Good luck with this. Two people in one hammock no matter the size is simply uncomfortable. I'd recommend purchasing two "regular" hammocks from DutchWareGear and use the spreader bar system for real comfort.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiTheKp-E6c
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    A tandem Kayak is sometimes called a "divorce boat". So not sure about a 2 person "honeymoon" hammock. I'd go for two separate hammocks distanced by spreader bars or, use the "no additional hardware" technique of bring the suspension lines off the left and right side of the tree so you are separated by the tree diameter. You can make up for the lack of 2-in-the-hammock closeness with wine and chocolate. Other recommendations are outside the theme of this sub-forum.
    Both opinions are accurate and I really like the kayak reference.

I met Dennis when he attended our first Texas Fall Group hang over a decade ago and, in fact, he had a kayak along on that trip too. He was rocking a left lay WBBB if memory serves correctly. I know he has more than a few hanging options available at his fingertips.

My hunch is this guy, a hammock camping pro, (and seasoned paddler for that matter too), knows exactly what he is looking for and is simply looking for the source.

I'm interested in the feedback of how he likes it once he finds it.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Both opinions are accurate and I really like the kayak reference.

I met Dennis when he attended our first Texas Fall Group hang over a decade ago and, in fact, he had a kayak along on that trip too. He was rocking a left lay WBBB if memory serves correctly. I know he has more than a few hanging options available at his fingertips.

My hunch is this guy, a hammock camping pro, (and seasoned paddler for that matter too), knows exactly what he is looking for and is simply looking for the source.

I'm interested in the feedback of how he likes it once he finds it.
    I looked quite a bit for reviews on this and was disappointed in the lack of them. I fully understand the comments by all contributors here but this doesn’t fall under the heading of serious camping hammock. It will be a lounger that I share with my girlfriend in the shade on my porch. I also use that same spot to sleep at night, nap, lounge, eat, and do internet stuff. I’m there right now! Because of that lack of information about this 16’ hammock there is only one way to answer my questions, and y’alls , by personally evaluating it! Ticket to the Moon thought it might be a good model to carry and in my study I think it is also the right dimensions so we shall see. What I’m really surprised is that it is not someone else doing this review.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Good luck with this. Two people in one hammock no matter the size is simply uncomfortable. I'd recommend purchasing two "regular" hammocks from DutchWareGear and use the spreader bar system for real comfort.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiTheKp-E6c
    +1
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Ticket to the Moon lightest
    Tarp
    none so far
    Insulation
    Quilt
    Heyo

I have a ton of experience with TTTM hammocks, basically the only ones I've had extended experience with. I have tried some of the more "techy" hammocks from the likes of Henessy and Exped, however, I've stuck with TTTM because they're just really simple to set up and I like the colours (I know they can be flashy, but there's really nothing to hide from in the forest in Switzerland, so I don't mind

The honeymoon is kind of an odd one. I think the purpose you bought it for is exactly what it was made for. Chill and lounge around, mostly in your favourite spot. With its size, it's more of a piece of furniture than a simple little hammock. I love how it can be the heart of the party with 6 kids playing around while the parents chill. The amount of fabric makes it feel like you could get lost in it. Still, compared to a big woven or cotton hammock its relatively lightweight and with some practice it can be taken down in a little over a minute. The integrated stuff sack with the TTTM hammocks makes that a breeze. I've always liked that design.

In short, it's kind of a party piece or a daily lounger, where comfort > portability. Also a conversation starter

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12