Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1

Hammock Bliss and HH Snakeskins

I'm curious if Hennessey's Snakeskins would be compatible with the Hammock Bliss Hammocks? I own neither and am desiring to getting into hanging when I camp. Any advice?

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    OES MC D
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I don't have any experience w/ Hammock Bliss hammocks, but I'm positive that the #4 snakeskins would accomodate just about any hammock short of the huge rope net ones. That said, if you're just starting and are looking for suggestions, I'd have to recommend a Warbonnet blackbird or even a DIY. Basic hammocks are so easy to make, I don't know that I'd go and spend 75 bucks on a no frills basic hammock when you can make one with 10 bucks worth of material. That or go all out and get the cadillac of hammocks with the blackbird.

Just sayin...
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. -- Al Capone

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    I have a Bliss Double,,,(which is identical to my ENO single color and material) There is no reason it wouldnt fit in the #4 skins.

I have loaned the Bliss out, when I get it back . I'll load it in some skins and let ya know......
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Making a basic hammock is very easy. Howwever tweaking it is not always straightforward. For complete noobs I sometimes think a commercial hammock is a better starting point. That way you know what you are starting with should be up to par. It removes the builder error that can seem to creep in. I know my first DIY hammocks had serious issues that needed to be worked out.

Having said that I agree $75 seems steep when you can bget the same assurances from Grand Trunk or others for kess than half the cost.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I've got the HB Noseeum, and absolutely love it. It's roomy, cheap (if you shop around), and very sturdy.
    I made my own skins for it, and have to say that prefer the attached stuff bag instead. It is big enough to fit the whoopie slings, and tree huggers along with the hammock. It just takes up a lot less room then when it was in the skins, and as long as you stuff it correctly, its easy to keep off the ground when setting up.
    Don't let up until you hear cartilage snap, or they crap in their pants. Sal Bandini

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    The Blackbird does look nice, yet for that much I could easily get the HB Double, tarp and netting for a good price. And I like the fact that the netting is separate so if I just wanted to lounge about freely that option is there.
    There will probably need to be a few alterations with the netting as for pulling it open to add more room, I guess I will see.

• + New Posts