Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Great video! Looks like a lot of fun! I know Y'all hiked to the Big Tree and Bee Branch Falls. Were you also at Eye of the Needle/Ship Rock?
    No, we weren’t able to see them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammacker View Post
    No, we weren’t able to see them.
    Where were Y'all at about 10:40 to 10:50?

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    Ashley you know I'm hoping for the best you my friend! We love you brother! You and Wanda have made our hammock hangs be the best they can be. You guys make people feel good about them selfs, to me that's one of the things the man upstairs would love for everyone to do in this world. My fingers are crossed my toes are crossed and my hope is that you get better and we see your smiling face for years to come!

Billybob that is just down from where you have to climb down the rocks on the short cut before you get to West Bee branch. That's a really nice bluff wall. Someone said that would be a fun place to go repelling.
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankheadboy View Post
    Ashley you know I'm hoping for the best you my friend! We love you brother! You and Wanda have made our hammock hangs be the best they can be. You guys make people feel good about them selfs, to me that's one of the things the man upstairs would love for everyone to do in this world. My fingers are crossed my toes are crossed and my hope is that you get better and we see your smiling face for years to come!

Billybob that is just down from where you have to climb down the rocks on the short cut before you get to West Bee branch. That's a really nice bluff wall. Someone said that would be a fun place to go repelling.
    Thank you Thomas! That is what it seemed like it would be as the video showed that immediately before the Big Tree. But, for some reason, I do not remember any of that from my last hike from Sipsey up Bee Branch to the Big Tree and East Bee Branch Falls. Nor did I get pictures of it. I'm surprised I don't remember that, it looks pretty impressive.

But, it was after all, a long time ago. Maybe Halloween of 2009? Do you remember that one? You came in at night and had to sleep on the other side of Bee Branch due to high water, and you scared that bunch of campers howling at them cause you thought it was us? And had to find a fallen tree to cross over Bee Branch the next morning? Then we had to bail because Skippy was bad sick? ( I was also having big problems with my feet/plantar fasciitis) Then we all ended up having lunch in Mt. Hope, and all the staff was dressed up for Halloween. McIntyre (of MollyMacPack) and Doug the Elder from NC were there. Earlier, in Feb of that same year, we had a nice group hang/backpack and it snowed a fair amount. You were there for that one also. Good times!

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    Those two trips will always be two trips I'll never forget. From the whitewater trails with all that rain and getting soaked with rain gear on to watching Sipsey river rise up out of it's banks hoping I wasn't going with it all night long to watching Skippy puking his guts out. Then the next trip from just wearing long sleeve shirt one day to waking up with 3+ inches of snow. Who could forget those trips they turned out to be adventures!
    Last edited by Bankheadboy; 05-08-2019 at 20:37. Reason: Slow
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankheadboy View Post
    Those two trips will always be two trips I'll never forget. From the whitewater trails with all that rain and getting soaked with rain gear on to watching Sipsey river rise up out of it's banks hoping I wasn't going with it all night long to watching Skippy puking his guts out. Then the next trip from just wearing long sleeve shirt one day to waking up with 3+ inches of snow. Who could forget those trips they turned out to be adventures!
    They really were memorable adventures!

Last edited by BillyBob58; 05-09-2019 at 00:38.

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    It looks like skippy and I are the only two left from the beginning of the hammock hangs that still goes. We still enjoy our selfs tremendously. image.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]17464image.jpeg

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer A-sym
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    Sipsey is so beautiful in the winter!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Kirk, great job as usual on the video of the Sipsey hang! I always enjoy watching them. Ashley, I am thinking of you and sure hope that all goes well with your treatments. Billy bob you should try and make another Sipsey hang, it’s been awhile since the last one. I sure hate that I had to cut out early on this one, but I’m already looking forward to the next one. I always look forward to both of the hangs that we have

Hammock
    El dorado
    Tarp
    Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Oh yeah, thanks Thomas and Bill for posting those pictures, those were good times.... well, I can remember one for about 8 miles or so that wasn’t so much fun...haha!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast