Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    yeah, cheaper sleeping bags don't compress as much as expensive ones do, and as result, they don't compress 100% under bodyweight like the other ones do, and can sometimes be used without a pad, which is very nice, as long as you don't have to fit them into a small pack or carry them too far.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    I have slept in my HH explorer the past two nights, and havent had the problem i described above. Thank you everyone for your thoughts/suggestions. I believe that i either had the hammock set-up with too much slant, ie one end too high, or the HH does in fact stretch a bit after a few uses. Another possibility is that i was just being dumb that one day. you never knpw. Last night i slept so great in hammock that i dont remember waking up once. felt great in the morning.

as far as the ridgeline, i suspect mine is made of spectra, but am not sure. as far as i can tell it has not stretched.

also, i have been sleeping in a cotton tee shirt, nylon pants with mesh liner, and only a 40 degree wal mart snythetic bag with no ccf pad under it, and a kelty compressible pillow with synthetic insulation, and have not had issues with being cold. lows around the clayton, ga, area have been in the fifties and sixties.

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    yeah, cheaper sleeping bags don't compress as much as expensive ones do, and as result, they don't compress 100% under bodyweight like the other ones do, and can sometimes be used without a pad, which is very nice, as long as you don't have to fit them into a small pack or carry them too far.
    yeah, ive been sleeping where i work, rafting outpost on the chattooga river, so i am basically car camping. i had never thought/heard of cheapo's not compressing as much. also, some nights i didnt even have the bag under me and was just using it as a quilt

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12