Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipen View Post
    I'm going to have to look up the milking you mention opie984, I'm not sure what that is so probably didn't do it.
    Look for milking at 4:36 & 6:28 here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw6P3pHt8KI
    My knife is so sharp it cut the sixth finger off my right hand! On the plus side, Inigo Montoya no longer hunts me.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Mine "slips" just a bit sometimes if I don't tighten the Marlin spike hitch enough, but all that seems to do is self tighten the knot(s). I notice it less if I use a Girth hitch. Can't tell you why.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    BIAS
    Tarp
    Hammockgear cuban
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    So I was finally able to set up again last night. Found out two things, one I was tying the marlin spike incorrectly,, and two I apparently wasn't tightening the tree strap enough.

After setup I still had some slipping but it occurred as the tree strap locked down on it self on the tree. I was looping the strap through the fixed loop not using a dutch clip or carabiner. I might go back to a dutch clip if I keep having the slippage. So things are getting better.

Its all a learning curve. Especially when I start trying things I've never done before

Thank you all for the help and suggestions, and let me know if there is something else I should be doing.

Steve

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Snipen, I had some poppinng on my last hang. I think it might have been the larkshead tightening up at the hammock end. I also noticed my fixed loop bury seemed a little less buried and the stitches I placed looked loose and frayed. I replaced them with a locked brummel and we'll see if that takes care of the popping. I'm a big guy so I would imagine it's common for some stretching to take place during the first 15 minutes or so.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12