Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

Rickets Glen: Trip Report

So I am excited, I am posting my frist trip report. I actually had a camera with me bc my Fiance went. So we got to rickets glen late Friday night. It was late when we set up camp. My fiance really wanted me to sleep with her in this

because I love her so much much I agreed. I curled up on the nice comfy comcrete next to her and drifted off to sleep. Tossing and turning all night long I finally awoke at 6am and told her I was going to take Stella for her morning walk. I walked Stella got back to camp and the only thing to do well set up the Hammock. Setting up my WBBB with Winter Burrow, Winter Ptarmigan and BWWD I knew I would be able to catch a few more zzzzz before It started getting to hot. I was still in the process of seeing how warm would be to warm for my winter set up so I know what I would need for the warm months. I found that I am comfortable between 0-35 degrees with my winter ptarmigan and winter burrow which prompted me to order a summer set of quilts from Stormcrow.

Drifted off to sleep and awoke to my fiance standing over me complaining about her neck hurting which is when I got out of my BB, got her into it and started to sell her on it which I think I did. After a buggy breakfeast (thats what you get for being the nearist campsite to the lake) we started our hike. The hike took up most of the day. The weather was perfect and the waterfalls were beatiful. We all enjoyed the hike and upon returning to camp I broke the bad news to my fiance that if she dident sleep in the BB then I was becaue I saw no reason for both of use to sleep on the concrete tent pad again. She told me I could and we could talk about getting her a hammock when we got home. The winter quilts were WAY over kill for this weather and I dident even use my TQ because my UQ was so warm. The night temps probally stayed around 40 or so. Woke up sunday went for an 2 hr hike packed up and shipped home. It was a great trip and if nothing else it confirmed that I will never sleep in a tent again (ok well probally not never but as little as possible.)

Thanks for reading
    Happy Hanging and Hikeing
    ~LRR

Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Thanks for the report. I have wanted to go to Ricket's Glen for several years but haven't made it yet. How hard/long was the hiking? IIRC, you can see most of the falls in a day, can't you? Also, is camping allowed outside of the campgrounds?

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    JayS the hike was super easy. If you booked it you could do it in 2 hrs, we took 5, sitting by the falls, letting stella swim and play with other dogs talking it up with nice people and having a lunch in a little waterfall cove. All the falls are along one loop so its easy to see them all in one day. I dont believe their is camping outside of the camp grounds within the state park (no back country camping)
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Many thanks, LRR. Now, if my wife would quit booking up the weekends... might have to just take a day and go during the week.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    LRR, that may be the first Trip Report with the HF BUFF !!!
    First that I've seen.
    Congrats on converting another ground sleeper,..hopefully
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Images
    nice report, that is hard to hike that trail fast with all to see. glad yous had a good time.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whooooo Buddy!!! Good to ya'll out......
    Buff City.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    great report Bro .....glad you and the little misses had fun
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Great report LRR!!! Looks like Stella enjoyed the Buff!?
    Yea my man that might be the last pic of that there tent put to use by you two!?!? But thats great new's huh!!!!! Great to hear it was a good time had by you two (or three really)!!
    How was the site's at Ricket's as I am looking to go out for a weekend trip hopefully next month with a couple friends? (any HF members are welcome as well) I have done the Fall's loop trail there and it is great, really nice view's, and some of the trail that goes up next to a couple of the falls are truly nice !! I just never made it up to the campsite area!!
    I would greatly appreciate any info you have on it!

• + New Posts