Wanted to post my gratitude for the whoopie slings and tarp guy lines I got from opie, and also for online instructions on his website that helped me create a ridgeline with the zing it from the group buy.

I set up in the rain and had no troubles - everything went smoothly, and being able to adjust the tarp back and forth without undoing all the guys (they were all on tensioners and adjusted themselves well) was really nice, as was being able to tighten up the lines from underneath the tarp.

My only goof was not tying drip strings on the whoopie slings - the ends of the hammock got a little damp. But the slings held nicely despite all my rustling around and rolling about trying to get sleep while the rain kept stopping and starting all night.

Second night I actually pitched the tarp on the ground in a really open grassy area the group was supposed to camp in - designated campgrounds really are the pits - and the guylines were again really simple to use, no knots anywhere and stayed tight all night but actually saved me from an uprooted stake by giving when I fell against a tight line - the prussik slid instead of the line dragging the whole shelter down on top of me.

Some time when I have more cash on hand, I will probably be getting more guy lines for the larger tarp. Thanks opie!