warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Hey now, it has only been 12 days for you mister... I know it may SEEM like a month. You are moving up the list fast though. Trust me there are some other members whom have endured wait times that could make this thread scary for me but, um, let's talk about something else...

I am as surprised as anyone that I DO still love this . If someone had told me a year ago that I would be trying to earn a living sewing in a friends basement 12-16 hours a day I would have said they were insane. I do miss a few things these days like..sunlight and my family but we are working to remedy that situation.

Wow, talk about getting off topic. I have never even one thing bad about Brian's tarps either. Sounds like he is just pulled thin these days...That should be a cottage maker motto or something...
    its been 12 days, your right it seems like a month and i hope you know i am just kidding i am in no hurry for this, i prefer quality over quanity, thats why after reading much reviews went with perfect trees. waiting just plain sucks, thats the point i was trying to make!! i used a bad example. my bad
    cheers
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    no hurries no worries

Hammock
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I know one bad thing about Brian's tarps...I only have two of them. (One is a prototype rectangle designed to be pitched diagonally like the HH tarp, but slightly bigger.)

But if I had a few more, maybe one with doors, I wouldn't know anything bad to say about them.
    word, bro, word. this is soo very true

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    swoosh - I wasn't trying to invalidate your experience or say that making customers wait isn't poor customer service. I agree that it isn't the most effective way to run a business. But given his situation, he's made the right choice, IMO. That's all.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Worth the wait and frustration if you have the time and patience.
    If not, start a thread in the Want To Buy forum and there's a good chance you'll find someone willing to part with one. Just don't expect to get it real cheap.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I'v been looking into a tarp from Brian...and i think the one thing that has turned me off was hearing that he doesn't get back to ppl,i'm sure he is busy , school will do that to ya...but...and this is just me and how i would handle it..at least msg the person back so they are not waiting around for a msg,that is just me.....i might get one if they come up in the for sale thread...or maybe in the summer when brian has the time

not trying to take anything awayfrom OES...i really do like his tarps...
    and i hope one day to get one...
    but right now seems like he had alot more to deal with ...so i rather wait
    just my .02
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    Clark NX-200 & Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    RX-200
    Insulation
    Shenandoah Long
    Originally Posted by stormcrow
    Hey now, it has only been 12 days for you mister... I know it may SEEM like a month. You are moving up the list fast though. Trust me there are some other members whom have endured wait times that could make this thread scary for me but, um, let's talk about something else...

I am as surprised as anyone that I DO still love this . If someone had told me a year ago that I would be trying to earn a living sewing in a friends basement 12-16 hours a day I would have said they were insane. I do miss a few things these days like..sunlight and my family but we are working to remedy that situation.

Wow, talk about getting off topic. I have never even one thing bad about Brian's tarps either. Sounds like he is just pulled thin these days...That should be a cottage maker motto or something...

Out of curriosity, how many man hours does it take you to create one quilt?

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Fortunately there are other excellent tarp manufacturers out there to choose from. I have an OES (currently at 2Q/ZQ for the sewn door mod) and it's an excellent tarp. The Backwoods Daydreamer tarps look just as nice from what I've seen and the Warbonnet tarps are excellent as well just to name a couple other alternatives if you haven't considered those. When I ordered my MacCat last year I believe I waited around a week for a email response. Then it was maybe 2 weeks delivery time after the order was placed which I didn't think was unreasonable. I emailed Brian from OES about a custom tarp a few months ago but never got a reply so I ordered a Warbonnet tarp from Brandon instead. Not one bit disappointed in going with the Warbonnet tarp and he had them in stock for immediate shipment to boot which was real nice.

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    OES MC D
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just got a paypal request from Brian. He had to send a separate one to account for the guyline pocket mod. SO, EVERYONE, HE IS ALIVE!
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. -- Al Capone

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    The reason I mention this is BC these cottage industries are working their garage, basement
    .....dining room, soon to be youngest daughter's bedroom.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast