Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I know one bad thing about Brian's tarps...I only have two of them. (One is a prototype rectangle designed to be pitched diagonally like the HH tarp, but slightly bigger.)

But if I had a few more, maybe one with doors, I wouldn't know anything bad to say about them.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Be patient UCMWINGS... Give him a couple of days.... Hopefully he will get back with you ... Class load and demanding work is hard sometimes. Believe me I have been there. I have no doubt you'll be taken care of, Reputation is everything today ... hold tight! ...
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    FWIW, Brian being busy w/ school isn't an excuse for his slow communications. It shows that he's prioritizing his schooling over selling a few tarps...and IMO he has his priorities straight. If quick and constant communication is important to you, then by all means buy from someone else. If you have time to wait for a very high quality tarp with an excellent reputation (seriously, I don't think I've ever heard a serious criticism of his designs), then you'll be happy you waited. You just have to decide what your priorities are re: this gear.

But folks shouldn't fault the kid for putting college first.

JMHO.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    FWIW, Brian being busy w/ school isn't an excuse for his slow communications. It shows that he's prioritizing his schooling over selling a few tarps...and IMO he has his priorities straight. If quick and constant communication is important to you, then by all means buy from someone else. If you have time to wait for a very high quality tarp with an excellent reputation (seriously, I don't think I've ever heard a serious criticism of his designs), then you'll be happy you waited. You just have to decide what your priorities are re: this gear.

JMHO.

I too Concur! ...
    Questtrek

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post

JMHO.
    +1 Jeff. I agree completely.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i'm sharing my experience w/ OES and waiting for gear (OP asked about getting a tarp in 2 weeks). my experience was that i sent money and didn't get any reply for 2 weeks. i stand by my original post.

A+ gear
    D customer service

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by UCMWINGS View Post
    Hate to settle for something I really don't want but times running short so might have to.
    I am sure that anyone of these cottage industry vendors would try to do what's best for you if you had a time limit if you can communicate with them about your trip. An d they might put yours ahead of patient people. If you can't ... then try, wait, if still not purchase elsewhere. I know how it feels to put up money ... as soon as you do it seems like an eternity, yet waiting is part of the game. If you need it now! try to communicate a couple of times, if nothing ... I'm sure there is an REI near you somewhere. Just Sayin' IMO ...
    Questtrek

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    I too have a 'wait' story, but when I finally did get in touch with Brian, he offered to give me a VERY generous discount. I didn't have a time crunch, but it IS hard to wait for what seems like an eternity for any word. IMO, it's worth the wait. Fantastic product, but I agree with Swoosh.
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    OES MC D
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll take everyone's word for it. I order a deluxe last week and will wait patiently. Being in the Navy and trying to just take one easy class was incredibly difficult... enough for me to decide to wait for shore duty to continue school. Plus, he's in the post graduate stage of mechanical engineering, no small feat. I'm with JustJeff on this one.
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. -- Al Capone

Hammock
    DIY (&c.)
    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    i'm sharing my experience w/ OES and waiting for gear (OP asked about getting a tarp in 2 weeks). my experience was that i sent money and didn't get any reply for 2 weeks. i stand by my original post.

A+ gear
    D customer service
    I don't have one of Brian's tarps but I have no doubt that he does good work.

I have, however, had fleeting correspondence with him and I might have hired him but my last few messages remain unanswered; better to say "no" than to say nothing.

In any case, I've since decided to make my own!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast