Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    You do know that folks come to Florida to get away from the snow, right? As a compromise, I'm certain that IF we did have snow, it would be gone by noon the same day.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    You do know that folks come to Florida to get away from the snow, right? As a compromise, I'm certain that IF we did have snow, it would be gone by noon the same day.
    You and I are up by 6am anyways. So I'd be happy if it lasted until sun up and melted away.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    We're still in the 90's over here, a cold front is on the way. A snowy Hangcon would be a sight!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    [QUOTE=Gumbo;1990261]
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcollins6092 View Post
    I'm trying to sign up but it's not letting me put anything in the different fields. And in the bottom right corner it says "view only". What's going on with it?/QUOTE]

Took some doing, but this issue has been fixed. If you wanted to sign up and couldn't - now you can. Looking forward to seeing you at HangCon.
    I just tried again and it still isn't letting me add my info. All it is doing is highlighting the block area that I'm clicking on and saying viewing only down at the both right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Alafia River Rendezvous® is Jan. 15-26 and I attend it each year.
    Ifeng I wasn't I'd surenuf be a hanging in Ocala! Yall have fun now ya hear!
    U.S. Army Paratrooper, Combat Engineer, DAV (Life Member), American Legion (Life Member)
    NMLRA(1 of 1000[#249] & Life Member), NRA(Life Member)
    Perry Lodge #123 F&AM(Perpetual Member), Perfect Ashlar Lodge #12 F&AM(Perpetual Member)

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcollins6092 View Post
    I just tried again and it still isn't letting me add my info. All it is doing is highlighting the block area that I'm clicking on and saying viewing only down at the both right.

I was having that same problem yesterday before the fix.

Try going into the Doc thru the link on Timberrrs first post. The link is on the first paragraph. I added the word test and it's still there. Just write your name over that.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250/NX-270/NA/NX-200
    Tarp
    HG 8x10 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I finally got it to work. I had to use a different device and download the sheets app. I'll see everyone there.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Glad you got signed up. If there is another place you'd like to volunteer in doing, there are some tabs in the signup sheet you can open to sign up for anything you would want to take as a lead role or meal plan, equipment, etc.

See you there.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    A little business announcement here.

I would like to ask that everyone please bring a nonperishable food item to HangCon 2020. It can be a canned, pouch, MRE or anything else that you would consider to be good eats and shelf stable. Please don't bring something you wouldn't want to eat.

Every year we like to support the camp hosts and local food shelter in the Ocala area. There are many camp hosts that are living at a minimal level due to low funds available to camp hosts. Most love what they do and still do it despite the low pay. We really like Doe Lake and try to take care of our camp hosts.

Also, we like to take care of our area within our means. A food drive is something we can all do for a buck or two or more if you choose. This is a separate food drive not connected to any funds or prizes from HangCon. This is something we do as Hikers/Hangers/Campers to try and give a little of ourselves to others.

Thank you for any and all food items yall can bring for this cause. There will be a food donation box available to drop off your goods at the lodge. Please use this box for food only and not to drop off excess camp items that may be meant for raffle or gift exchange(it's happened before).

It's not mandatory but if everyone brings just one item, we have the potential to raise hundreds of food items to some needy families.

Thanks again for your past donations and future donations.

Hammock
    Magellan Outdoors Double
    Tarp
    OT 12' Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Stuff
    Suspension
    Magellan Straps
    Alright y'all, please excuse this for being so long, but I have some questions. (And if this is the wrong place to ask this stuff, let me know and I will move it ASAP).

I haven't been able to make it to a HangCon yet, for a few reasons, but it mostly falls down to not having the funding to be able to do what needs to be done to make it there. Even though I am not totally new to hammocks, I am accumulating my gear at a snails pace, and when it really boils down to it, I need a whole new set-up to be able to make it and not freeze to death at night. And I'm pretty sure that all the experienced hammockers will be laughing wholeheartedly at me trying to get set up, I'm not able to make it out often so I'm not very good at it yet lol. I had already accustomed myself to the idea that I wouldn't be able to make it to HangCon '20 for this very reason combined with how difficult it will be for my husband to be able to take time off work in January.

BUT.

Now that I've gone through the thread and seen that there is a chance that HangCon '20 may be the last, I am now dead set on giving it my darndest to try and make it down. All you HangCon veterans can you give me some advice on things like- should I go ahead and cry just the one time and get a 0 degree UQ? If I do get a 0 degree UQ, should I go with something more like a 30 or 40 degree TQ? I tend to be a colder sleeper in general. How about straps? Is 10 feet long enough, should I go longer? Would it be a good idea for me to build myself a stand of some sort that I can bring in case there aren't enough tree spots? I have a LONG drive to make from West Ky, about 11 hours not counting stops, so I'd like to try and get myself as prepared as possible so I don't get all the way down there and realize that some item I brought with me isn't sufficient. If I am able to make it, I plan to be there the 16th and leave the day after it's over so I can offer my help where it's needed. Everyone always makes it look like so much fun and I've been so frustrated the last few years since I heard of it here on the forums that things haven't panned out for me to be able to go.

So everyone send me all the good vibes you can muster that things will come together for me to make it down. And if you've got advice you can offer me at all about things I should or should not worry about having with me I'd be mighty grateful to you. If you've read through this whole confusing thing, I thank you so much for taking the time.

Hope to see you all there, and if not, you guys all have to have a little bit of extra fun for me while you're there. Have a wonderful day y'all!
    -Amanda
    "To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life." -James Thurber

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast