WBBB 1.7Dbl & Clark NA for winter
    Tarp
    Custom made for me
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ, SPE
    Suspension
    whoopie or cinch

my 2 cents

Based on what Rook reported to me on the Taylor trip, I'm not interested in that trail right now.

He said everyone was huffing and puffing. I'm not in the best physical shape yet for that trip. Even Rook's knee was hurting him, and he is fit.

I do not want to hold you guys back though, if you choose that trail, I would not be offended.

I would have NO PROBLEM running parson springs anytime to check it out. That is in our Backyard. We could totally day hike that to check it out.

Rook and I are talking of running Parson springs next Tuesday to check it out and let you know. I can take pics and video too if we need to access the water.

I'd rather swim across a river than do Dogie Trail. huff huff huff.
    It's not the pace....it's the experience.

SKITTLES

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl & Clark NA for winter
    Tarp
    Custom made for me
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ, SPE
    Suspension
    whoopie or cinch

Highline trail

Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    OTOH, the Highline trail segment from 260 t/h to Christopher Creek (See Canyon) is a very nice 7 miles, and we could shuttle to Tonto creek to make a 17 mile overnight. This area has no shortage of trees. and water is everywhere, with good views into the Pleasant Valley below.
    I looked it up and this seems easier. I'm not sure about the other 10 miles, but 7 in doesn't look so back.

Here's the link I'm looking at, I hope this is right. Reading at the bottom, 260 TH

http://www.arizonahikingtrails.com/h...lineindex.html

Te-Wa stated water, but there is a note there is no water until the Canyon. How far to the Canyon? Gradual up and downs are ok for me.

I found another link on hike arizona with pictures of Te-Wa and crew sporting blisters. But I read they did the whole stretch in 2 days. sheesh. Show off. lol

If I end up on some crazy hike with you guys, and I'm still a curvy Beginner, I'll just be the sweep....Miles back. "Where's the GPS?"
    Last edited by Skittles; 04-02-2010 at 12:50.
    It's not the pace....it's the experience.

SKITTLES

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    skittles, we can also shave off 3-3.5 miles from day two on the Highline by stopping a shuttle vehicle at Horton Creek trailhead, near Tonto Creek. Also, an afternoon meal at the Beeline cafe complete with a hand-stirred chocolate malt is a MUST. http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=757
    another great bonus about this trail is there are catchable trout in Tonto, Horton, and Christopher creeks. Bring that packrod!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Dont worry about it Redmarbleshoe, we have enough time to find an area/hike that is comfortable for everyone. One of our hangout last fall was no more than a mile in. I would rather have more people and do a shorter hike then less people and a longer hike. I would assume most will agree to this. With that said a bit of hiking would be nice to get us away from the crowds and into some scenic areas.

keep me in mind I'll try to make this one.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    skittles, we can also shave off 3-3.5 miles from day two on the Highline by stopping a shuttle vehicle at Horton Creek trailhead, near Tonto Creek. Also, an afternoon meal at the Beeline cafe complete with a hand-stirred chocolate malt is a MUST. http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=757
    another great bonus about this trail is there are catchable trout in Tonto, Horton, and Christopher creeks. Bring that packrod!
    Where would we set up camp, at Christopher Creek? This may be a good option as it appears you can join the trail from several different locations. That way people could pick the amount of hiking they wanted to do. From the looks of the topo it seems like a 7mile "ish" (one way) hike from the 260 trail head to Christopher creek. It also looks like the trail stays at the same elevation making for an easier hike. If we stayed around Christopher creek then people may be able to take the old highway 260 to NF 284 and do a short hike in from there. Te-wa/others. Please correct me if I am wrong, I'm more familiar with this area although I have never done this trail. Is there enough water & trees to support a 5-10 hangers?

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL w/ zipper mod
    Insulation
    Te-wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Maybe I can convince Skittles to let my buy that Tenkara rod I've been wanting for backpacking fishing...
    Does the learning and DROOLING never end?

BroHamm = Brother of the Hammock

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I'll be bringing along my Tenkara Hane

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Maybe I can convince Skittles to let my buy that Tenkara rod I've been wanting for backpacking fishing...

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL w/ zipper mod
    Insulation
    Te-wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by drewboy View Post
    I'll be bringing along my Tenkara Hane
    I'm jealous. I've got my eye on an Iwana. How do you like your Hane?
    Does the learning and DROOLING never end?

BroHamm = Brother of the Hammock

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    So far I've only done some casting into my pool, but I really like it. It's just so minimal and elegant in it's approach. Perfect for those small streams.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast