DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Thanks dejoha. Nice work on the diagram. And congratulations on the new arrival!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Insulation
    warm stuff
    I was thinking about this and thinking about how many people just throw stuff away, so i was thinking, if it were scaled down we could have it printed on business cards. front and back printing.
    I did front printed only with my work logo with a company called Vista Print. 250 cards and i paid $3.95 for using my work logo, and $5 shipping.

I don't know that this is really that great an idea, but VERY cost effective, and easy.
    after looking at the picture we could do a vertical printed card on front and then do a horizontal print on the back
    incorporating the diagrams
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. Jennifer Unlimited
    Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. -- Robert Redford

http://daydreamingmisadventurer.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Or there's this option :

http://www.clubflyers.com/product_in...products_id=97

They do nice, glossy, color 4x6 cards on quality cardstock. The free ones, you only get 1 side (the other, they use to advertise themselves). I talked my boss at a previous company into using them for flyers and postcard advertising, because you couldn't beat the color price on their printing -- they even folded them for us when we did flyers! I just sent them a 300dpi or higher resolution graphic (complete with bleed margins), and about 2 weeks later (ground shipping), we had our stuff.

Can't recommend these guys highly enough.

Insulation
    warm stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Throkda View Post
    Or there's this option :

http://www.clubflyers.com/product_in...products_id=97

They do nice, glossy, color 4x6 cards on quality cardstock. The free ones, you only get 1 side (the other, they use to advertise themselves). I talked my boss at a previous company into using them for flyers and postcard advertising, because you couldn't beat the color price on their printing -- they even folded them for us when we did flyers! I just sent them a 300dpi or higher resolution graphic (complete with bleed margins), and about 2 weeks later (ground shipping), we had our stuff.

Can't recommend these guys highly enough.
    looks like a cool idea.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. Jennifer Unlimited
    Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. -- Robert Redford

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Throdka and Adia:

I was trying to make this a cheap and inexpensive way to promote the hammock camping idea as well as to show that it has less impact on the environment (OMV), without the hassle of trying to get "cards" produced and then distributed to forum members to be handed out along the trail or park. This way no one person is responsible for the upfront cost of materials and then distribution as well. The Diagram is here on the site, most people have a color printer and most people know about the clear tape/map sealer idea.

I have been out tweaking my set-up in one of the wildlife refugees/city walking trails where I live and had all kinds of people come talk to me about what I was doing. At the time I was still learning and could only partially explain the aspects of hammock camping. My hammock rig helped with explinations but I don't think it was leaving a real big impression on them, could have been me and my discriptive skill as well!!!!

I have also been in both of the outdoor/outfitter shops in my town and explained what I was doing, gear talk was being discussed, and they had no idea that there are many suppliers of hammock camping specific gear that we all know. I mean they new the big ones like Hennesey, Grand Trunk and ENO to name a few but they had no idea that there was a forum on this subject.

At the time had I had a couple of the "flyers" in my bag/pack or car I could have given them to the inquisitors and asked if they would come check out the site to learn more and the unanswered questions they had could be answered by more experienced people than myself.

By the way thanks Dehoja for the great diagram that spawned the idea and congrats on the new arrival your family is about to recieve.
    Last edited by bigbamaguy; 03-18-2010 at 09:46. Reason: grammer and spelling errors
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Insulation
    warm stuff
    really i thought that i would put the idea out there in case some one wanted to take it upon THEMSELVES to print up something nice. I personally think having some kind of info to hand out would be awesome.....
    That being said, I work, Have kids, and no extra time....so for me to print and seal 5 or 10 pages is really not much of an option....that is why i liked the pre-printed idea.

Hammock
    WB BlackBird
    Insulation
    Crowsnest / Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I love this idea and have a number of occasions where this would have been handy to display/hand out to interested individuals. Additional information regarding LNT hammocking and proper environmental practices would go a long way to promoting the actions of responsible hangers.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe 2Q's MOD 3
    Tarp
    Large HH Tarp
    Insulation
    XL 3in self inflat
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling/strap
    I LOVE this idea.

Dejoha - I suggest a pic of just the hammock with all the info to print on a 3x5 index card. Maybe the rest of info on the back of the 3x5 index card.

I have successfully printed recipes on index cards...
    I have never put a pic on an index card.
    Running windows vista
    Inkjet printer

GREAT IDEA

Tho this may make more hangers...I don't want that
    hahaha
    Tom

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Adia:
    I meant no offense and actually do like the idea of the cards. They would be smaller allowing you to save pack space and weight on the trail. I will make a few copies of this drawing today and see if I can get the shops before closing. I want to see how responsive owners are to the idea as a selling tool. Time to talk to one of the mods!!!!!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe 2Q's MOD 3
    Tarp
    Large HH Tarp
    Insulation
    XL 3in self inflat
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling/strap
    I think Dejoha has some GREAT ideas on this....

Better that I envisioned...AND cheaper than printing from my inkjet

Tom

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast