Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Random thoughts...

None of these were really significant enough to start a whole thread on...

New Gear:
    - Seal Pup knife. My buck knife is nice, but it's a little bigger and heavier than I usually want to take hiking. And sometimes I wish I had a small fixed blade...so I got one. Now I can make splitwood fires just for the fun of it!
    - Swedish Firesteel. I have some military issue mag sticks w/ flint on them, but they're heavier than this model and I've never liked using my knife on them...so I splurged a bit and bought something else I didn't really need.
    - I just bought a Blackrock down beanie. Why the heck didn't I do this before? My head is exactly in the middle of Medium and Large, so Evan worked with me to get the best fit...his personal note on the package said it was the "biggest medium" they made in the last batch. I wanted a sorta tight fit, and it's perfect. This will be good even on summer trips here in CO where it can snow pretty much any time...and snow won't stick to these like it does to fleece beanies. It should also be great for the...

...foot of snow we're expecting tomorrow!! It was probably over 50F today and tomorrow they're calling for a foot of snow, with a low of 13F tomorrow night. Guess who's hammocking for the first night of Spring Break!

I'm thinking about my summer setup already, but haven't started making it yet. Prototype is gonna be some ~1.5 oz untreated polyester I forgot I had, with a thin layer of PrimaLoft under the torso lined w/ 1.1 oz DWR ripstop. Then a quarterweight-style bugnet sewn down the right side. Might sew in a small pocket like the Warbonnet El Dorado has, just for convenient storage of valuables.

Also thinking about another gear closet cleansing now that I'm pretty much settled into the new place. We had a yard sale last weekend and cleared out most of the garage so I'm setting up my workshop and gear area...and realized how much stuff I'm not gonna use! Have to get over the separation anxiety first!

Anybody else got random thoughts that don't warrant their own thread?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Hmm... well now that you mention it... I really like rice. Rice and gravy. And black-eyed peas... Mmmmmm...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I just need to get out & camp!
    So much stuff to do here at home. Going through all my gear & thinning out what's not needed & reorganizing it is one thing that needs to be done, as well as working on several DIY projects, but I'm trying to stay focused on some basic home owner responsibilities first
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've been using a set of biker's arm warmers this winter for hiking/camping. An all black version of thesehttp://www.rei.com/product/797466. I typically hike in a tshirt and find these to be a nice way to take the chill of my arms at night or first thing in the morning.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yep - I have some biker's sleeves. Great for early starts when I don't want to wear a jacket...just strip them off after a few minutes of hiking and put them back on for breaks or if it gets windy.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    My right foot is it itching like mad. That random enough?
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Ya know, I just saw someone using arm warmers & that looked like a pretty good thing. I was wondering if they had been talked about here already.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    MY new piece of gear (or more like my dogs) is the ruff wear palisades. I cant take to take her and my WBBB out next weekend. Cannibal hope you got that itch. I like that arm warmer Ideah.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I'm thinking about my summer setup already, but haven't started making it yet. Prototype is gonna be some ~1.5 oz untreated polyester I forgot I had, with a thin layer of PrimaLoft under the torso lined w/ 1.1 oz DWR ripstop.
    Looking forward to the pics that prove it happened. I'll be working on something similar, but this is not a race, just an opportunity to compare notes. Are you going to quilt the Primaloft just to the 1.1 bottom layer? Side adjustments to gently pull the primaloft in contact with the 1.5 polyester without compressing it?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JrB TQ/UQ,Crownest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    This is just a good a spot to ask as any. A question that has bothered me for over 25 years.

If you fart while urinating, why do you lose water-pressure?
    I ride a recumbent.
    I like to HAM it up on the CW.
    I use Linux.
    I play go.
    Of course I sleep in a hammock!

Rug.

Hang On!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast