Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    On another note... something I'm looking forward to... Seeing my daughter. I don't know when though. She's doing something called "seer" training. At least I think that's what it's called. She just finished the cold weather survival training in Maine, will be headed to Wash. State and then to Florida to finish up. She doesn't know if after this she will be deployed somewhere or if she'll have a break and be stationed state side. Lots of iffy here so I just keep planning scouting camping trips and waiting for when I can go see her.
    When my son had turned 17, I met with his recriuter and signed off....
    On the day I dropped him of at MEPS, and walked back to the truck,,, I cried like a big Ole baby,,,,,,,I get teary eyeed everytime I see one of those young soldiers in uniform at the store....Dam I am getting teary eyed typing this......

"Proud Dad of a Soldier" and I am dam proud of ALL of our Men and Women Serving !!!!!
    Last edited by Randy; 03-19-2010 at 07:03.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Insulation
    warm stuff
    hhhmmmm random thoughts huh. i'm hungry and i got a new head lamp
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once. Jennifer Unlimited
    Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better. -- Robert Redford

http://daydreamingmisadventurer.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Quilts & Pad
    Suspension
    Whoppie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    When my son had turned 17, I met with his recriuter and signed off....
    On the day I dropped him of at MEPS, and walked back to the truck,,, I cried like a big Ole baby,,,,,,,I get teary eyeed everytime I see one of those young soldiers in uniform at the store....Dam I am getting teary eyed typing this......

"Proud Dad of a Soldier" and I am dam proud of ALL of our Men and Women Serving !!!!!
    I'm with you - proud dad of a soldier and an airman. Pretty emotional for both of them, and again when the first went to Afghanistan. So often I still picture them as the cute little kids they were just a few years ago and have a hard time imagining they are now in their 20's and gone.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Acer; i want to wish you good luck in the future months ahead. Being a self employed woodworker things have always run a little hot and cold for me but after many yrs of high end work everything tanked in my area and i've only had one job since last june. I have one ,maybe two coming up but still smaller jobs,(weeks not months). Bankruptcy is a scary thought. HF has been a good diversion, that and hikes with my Bushbuddy and pkgs of Ramen. How to get a TQ and a new lightweight pack so i can do some multi days is the question.

Peace
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by acercanto View Post
    My random thought is: I could really use you guys' thoughts/prayers, I've been unemployed for over 2 months now, and it seems like everything's headed for the cliff, and I'm not sure what I can do about it.
    I'm six months and counting, Acer. Hang in there.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    going on 20 months. at 59 it isn't getting any easier either.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Looking forward to the pics that prove it happened. I'll be working on something similar, but this is not a race, just an opportunity to compare notes. Are you going to quilt the Primaloft just to the 1.1 bottom layer? Side adjustments to gently pull the primaloft in contact with the 1.5 polyester without compressing it?
    I'll have pics of it when I get a Round Tuit. No adjustments on this one...I'll probably put 4 quilting loops to hold the PL directly against the hammock body, and either sew it along the edges or put quilting loops in each corner.

Tina - SERE is Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape. It's one of the more rewarding courses you can go to, IMO. Some good outdoor skills taught there, and lots of people get a huge boost in self-confidence from it.

Guys - by random I kinda meant random on-topic stuff....since it's in the General forum and not the donating members forum. Should have been more clear in my title.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY (various)
    Tarp
    DIY 5x10 pseudocat
    Insulation
    GI+
    Suspension
    UCR custom
    Images
    Hope things resolve well for you ASAP, Acer!
    - Frawg

{generic tagline}

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    My fractured big left toe is putting a damper on any long hiking ..... have to re-adjust my style awhile.
    Short trips.
    Whaaaaaaa
    Slow Steppin' Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    HH ULBA
    Tarp
    OES MC D
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Highstrung... I thank you sir for your service & I'm glad you have sites on your break just down the road!
    Thanks. Looks like I'll be heading to the gulf soon. Blah. Hot and unforgiving. Hours and hours wearing a gas mask for drills. Not fun. Good news is it'll be over in September when I transfer. Looking forward to meeting my son when he's born late May.

On a side note, just got my Golite Jam in the mail and was taken back by how light it is. It'll take some getting used to as far as gear choices and packing techniques go, but that is what I wanted anyway.
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. -- Al Capone

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast