Images

Thank God for Convection

I tried to sleep in my HH last night in the back yard. The temperature was in the low 80s and it was a few degrees warmer in the hammock--in other words, uncomfortably hot. It was also a bit humid and there was no breeze. My only comfortable body parts were those that were touching the hammock fabric. Let me say this once again. THANK GOD FOR CONVECTION.

Be prepared for the sequel of this post to be released in December or January entitled: "BRRRRR...THE DEVIL WITH CONVECTION"

Images
    Yep, unfortunately the bugnetting on the HH makes it a bit warmer inside the hammock. It can get a bit sticky with no air movement.
    The discussion of fans in another thread is interesting for this very reason.
    What I try to do is 'acclimate' while outside of the hammock and then get in. Of course you'll have to be covered in bug dope....

I live in Austin also, so I know the weather your talking about!
    My son and I usually hang on the weekends out back but this strange rainy summer has been kind of a put off.....
    Scott

"Man is a stream whose source is hidden."
    RWE

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    yeah, be sure to check out the fan thread for light weight fans that can be taken w/ you.
    but for sleeping in the back yard, i wouldn't be above running an extension cord to the hammock & using a big fan<g>.
    i ran a cord to the hammock a couple times when i wanted to test some cool weather gear but needed the alarm clock to get me up in the morning.
    just be sure to have the plug-in up off the ground & covered from above to protect from any possible rain or heavy condensation.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts