Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I have an issue with my dog when I bring her along when I hammock camp and I can not longer bring her if I use my hammock.

The problem is she will not get in my hammock and it is not because I want her to because I don't and I will not let her. When she tents with me she is fine when she is with me in the tent, but when I hammock I have to leave her outside the hammock under my tarp and she hears everything around us in the night and has to either be nosy or start growling. She does not do that in the tent. Now I have to leave her at home or bring a tent when I bring her.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've made a two piece mat so that each half can go on one side of his saddle bags. I just used the remains of a 3/8" CCF I had laying in my gear room. I don't think I'll have any problems with him growling or being nosy. On our last four night trip (and my last night on the ground... I hope) the bugs were so bad, he left me in the tarp to go and sleep under my friends speer type hammock. I sat there in the dim light listening to them both snore while I was slapping mosquitos!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep95 View Post
    ...the bugs were so bad, he left me in the tarp to go and sleep under my friends speer type hammock. I sat there in the dim light listening to them both snore while I was slapping mosquitos!
    That's as good a motivational tool for switching to hammocks as I can imagine. Even the dog knows that hammocks are better!
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    i don't see a member by that name. maybe you could drop him a line & invite him over.
    Sent him an email but I guess he decided not to take us up on our offer.

Hammock
    DIY - Depends on time of year.
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 cat cut
    Insulation
    Down/Synthetic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have an issue with my dog when I bring her along when I hammock camp and I can not longer bring her if I use my hammock.

...I hammock I have to leave her outside the hammock under my tarp and she hears everything around us in the night and has to either be nosy or start growling. She does not do that in the tent. ...
    DOG TENT
    My 60lb Dal likes it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4D's View Post
    DOG TENT
    My 60lb Dal likes it.
    How small does this fold up to? Would this be able to fit in a backpack with all your other items?

Hammock
    DIY - Depends on time of year.
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 cat cut
    Insulation
    Down/Synthetic
    Images
    How small does this fold up to? Would this be able to fit in a backpack with all your other items?
    it folds flat into a circle approx 14" in diam. 2.5" think... Problem is it is a little weighty. approx 3-4 pds.

Folding instructions with pics.

The version I have came from Harbor Freight.

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images

The problem is she will not get in my hammock and it is not because I want her to because I don't and I will not let her. When she tents with me she is fine when she is with me in the tent, but when I hammock I have to leave her outside the hammock under my tarp and she hears everything around us in the night and has to either be nosy or start growling. She does not do that in the tent. Now I have to leave her at home or bring a tent when I bring her.
    Dogs often bark when they are scared or unsure of stuff. your dog sleeping next to you in the tent gives her a reassurance that in her mind she doesn't have when she cant be with you in the hammock. I was going to suggest a small pop up dog house but I don't think that will work.lol

Images

Check my gallery, my dog insists on getting in the hammock with me. So he would not be able to go hiking with me. However, my ***** (I just wanted to say that) probably wouldn't have a problem sleeping on the ground.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mahem View Post
    Dogs often bark when they are scared or unsure of stuff. your dog sleeping next to you in the tent gives her a reassurance that in her mind she doesn't have when she cant be with you in the hammock. I was going to suggest a small pop up dog house but I don't think that will work.lol
    I think a really small "Pup" tent would work well for the dog.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast