WL Lite Owl, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AE Jarbidge, bag
    Suspension
    buckles/whoopies

WB Ridge Runner vs. JRB Bear Mountain

I'm such a serious side and front sleeper that I'm seriously considering trying out a bridge hammock. I've been checking out both the WB Ridge Runner and JRB Bear Mountain Bridge.

Has anybody tried out these two hammocks and compared them? I'd like to hear your opinions on them. Is either more comfortable than the other?

Also, I have an AHE Jarbidge UQ. Has anybody tried this UQ with a bridge?

Images
    I can't answer your main question, but I do know that you can get any quilt to fit either hammock, but the rr might take some fiddling. Although, he does make quilts to fit it perfectly.

If you sleep on your stomach a lot, the more shallow bridges will work better like the RR or the BMB UL. I know Acer has both of them.

Hammock
    WWM
    Tarp
    HG Palace and Hex
    Insulation
    Sniveller & Breeze
    Suspension
    Full suspension?
    Images
    BMBH and a Thermarest 25X77 Neoair and you'll swear you couldn't side sleep better in a King bed!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    BMBH and a Thermarest 25X77 Neoair and you'll swear you couldn't side sleep better in a King bed!
    Forgot about that...
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=56201

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I'm such a serious side and front sleeper that I'm seriously considering trying out a bridge hammock. I've been checking out both the WB Ridge Runner and JRB Bear Mountain Bridge.

Has anybody tried out these two hammocks and compared them? I'd like to hear your opinions on them. Is either more comfortable than the other?

Also, I have an AHE Jarbidge UQ. Has anybody tried this UQ with a bridge?
    I did a review last year comparing the two...check through my posts or do a search to find it, as I still need to take some time to learn how to link a thread.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AE Jarbidge, bag
    Suspension
    buckles/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post
    I did a review last year comparing the two...check through my posts or do a search to find it, as I still need to take some time to learn how to link a thread.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=59042

Here it is. Thanks for the great comparison. I'm leaning a little toward the RR.

And thanks to the rest of you for the recommendation of the Neoaire. I went to REI today and tried one out. Mighty comfy!

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=59042

Here it is. Thanks for the great comparison. I'm leaning a little toward the RR.

And thanks to the rest of you for the recommendation of the Neoaire. I went to REI today and tried one out. Mighty comfy!
    Ive recently added a lynx UQ to my RR and I must say that I prefer it over a pad with this hammock. If your still looking at pads and have the funds, check out the exped downmat UL 7 in larges. Its slightly wider than the large neoairs and that helps with keeping more of your arms,elbows warm. Im really digging mine for tent camping and the schnozzle blowup bag it comes with works very good. 3-4 bags full of air and its blown up and it can be used as a dry bag.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post
    Ive recently added a lynx UQ to my RR and I must say that I prefer it over a pad with this hammock. If your still looking at pads and have the funds, check out the exped downmat UL 7 in larges. Its slightly wider than the large neoairs and that helps with keeping more of your arms,elbows warm. Im really digging mine for tent camping and the schnozzle blowup bag it comes with works very good. 3-4 bags full of air and its blown up and it can be used as a dry bag.
    +1,000 on the lynx. If there's a better paired hammock and UQ, I've never heard of it. The two fit together perfectly and are mighty comfy. I've never tried the BMBH, so I can't compare, but I can say I LOVE my RR and won't give it up.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

I had a BMBH and absolutely loved it but since I got my RR's I sold the BMBH.
    The RR is cut where there is a clear view from the hammock and the BMBH is more like laying in a coffin. The RR has a wider area at the headend so there is no shoulder squeeze issues and the the net can be stored completely out of the way .

The JarBridge rocks with the RR.
    It fits on the RR almost like a full size UQ..

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Jarbidge Quilt will fit very nicely, but you will have to keep the saddle bags on a RR against the quilt for the tight fit. It fits the BMBH UL of which I also have like a glove as well. More width in the RR if your big and broad shoulder,,,I can sleep in both hammocks comfy as I am 6' 165lbs, and wear a 42 long sleeve dress coat for example. Wear a large in everything else when it comes to shirts lightweight jackets, and tee shirts. But,,my best sleep and lay on sides and back is the RR hands down. And if you use a hiking pole on the head spreader bar, you can adjust your width of the spread a the head end from 39.5 down to 35.5 to really find your perfect comfort zone if you like tweaking it.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast