Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
Hi guys, my first post, though I've been lurking for a couple weeks...

I was just looking into adjustable ridgelines for my new hammock and have also been recently trying to learn some knots. I stumbled on a knot called the Adjustable Bend but couldnt find any mention of using it as a structural ridgeline. It would be so simple to tie off 5' of cord to each hammock end, then leave this permanently tied in the center. Do any of you use this method or is there some reason it's no good? I was just tying it with some cheapo paracord and it holds well as hard as I can pull by hand.
Quoting myself... but I went ahead and tried this over the weekend using some paracord. It worked fairly well and held fine, and i was able to make some fairly easy adjustments even after putting tension in the line by laying in the hammock. After a few times loading and unloading the line however, the knots worked them selves in pretty tight and i was no long able to slide the knots. Maybe using amsteel or something else more slippery than paracord would keep them from locking up so badly? Or maybe this method is just no good. I've been meaning to order some amsteel either way i guess so ill give it a try.