Thread: help!!!

Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    ccf pad & thermare

help!!!

OK im not sure if im posting this in the right place. im looking for someone who can make me a supershelter for a hh safari deluxe i contacted hh and they dont make one to fit the safari and when i asked if they could make me one custom? they replied no so im looking to have one made and i am not the best sewer in the world. thanx

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The super shelter is a very non-intuitive design. I have tried to make one on occasion but rapidly gave up. Without taking mine apart, which I am not about to do, I don't know what the basic pattern looks like. I would advise investing in a KAQ or making one yourself. The DIY skills are not hard for a synthetic quilt. Either that or mod an old sleeping bag. I replaced my safari with an Explorer specifically so I could get a Super Shelter.

HH does not do custom work. If they can't get it done in quantity its not worth doing, or so they think.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    So what if you're not the best tailor in the world. You have the idea what you want. Draw it, lay it out and figure out what goes where, and what you'll need for supplies then get it on! In the end, does it really matter that the thing isn't a work of world class art? YOU made it by your own by god self and the heck with the critics. Functional beats beauty. 'Course, if ya don't even have a sewing machine, then thats another story.

Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    ccf pad & thermare
    Quote Originally Posted by ice man View Post
    So what if you're not the best tailor in the world. You have the idea what you want. Draw it, lay it out and figure out what goes where, and what you'll need for supplies then get it on! In the end, does it really matter that the thing isn't a work of world class art? YOU made it by your own by god self and the heck with the critics. Functional beats beauty. 'Course, if ya don't even have a sewing machine, then thats another story.
    have a sewing machine but no experience sewing. dont even know if the thing works right. just want the security of knowing it wont all unravel on a trip.

and by the way thanx rev i got your pm the other day about 2questions and z. ill check them now. thanx again keep postng ideas

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie151 View Post
    have a sewing machine but no experience sewing. dont even know if the thing works right. just want the security of knowing it wont all unravel on a trip.

and by the way thanx rev i got your pm the other day about 2questions and z. ill check them now. thanx again keep postng ideas
    Check my video series "We Don't Sew... We Make Gear" It was done for people who have had no experience with the thread injectors.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Just get a good under quilt....You'll be warmer and happier...

There are other UQ availiable but the JRB Nest and Winter Nest marry right to the HH slit... no other system, including the HHSS, offers this convience.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    ccf pad & thermare
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Just get a good under quilt....You'll be warmer and happier...

There are other UQ availiable but the JRB Nest and Winter Nest marry right to the HH slit... no other system, including the HHSS, offers this convience.

Pan
    thanx im checking it now.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    I made one out of dri duck ponchos for my Expedition. It wasn't that hard.
    After I sewed the ponchos together to give me the length,,, I started pinning, and cutting till I had it wrapped the way I wanted. This one doesnt have a bottom opening, since I had the zipper mod already on the HH.
    I have this one and a HH SS, and don't use either one. I think they are over rated and to much hassle in my opinion.

Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    ccf pad & thermare
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I made one out of dri duck ponchos for my Expedition. It wasn't that hard.
    After I sewed the ponchos together to give me the length,,, I started pinning, and cutting till I had it wrapped the way I wanted. This one doesnt have a bottom opening, since I had the zipper mod already on the HH.
    I have this one and a HH SS, and don't use either one. I think they are over rated and to much hassle in my opinion.

well then i have 2 questions first will this fit the safari? and if so would you be willing to sell either of them?

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    I have no idea if it will fit,,,The sides and the side togles are cut and sewn to fit the Expedition,,,,,, if ya can compare the specs between the Expedtion and the Safari.....let me know..
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

• + New Posts